Friday, January 30, 2009

Before and After

Part of the reason that we started looking for a new house was last summer we spent most of our days at a public pool. So we thought it would be nice to have a house with a pool. Our new home had one, but it was falling apart, and it had no fence (a definite must in my book!). So shortly after we moved in, Shawn got on the phone and had loads of people coming by to give bids on changing it up.

The major problem was the majority of the pool had a pebble tec bond beam instead of cool decking. That pebble tec had started to chip away and was an eye sore.
After much debate we added about 2 feet cool deck around the whole pool, and then filled in one of the grass areas with more cool deck, and also added a fire pit. We had to endure many mornings waking up to the sound of a jackhammer, but I have to say I am happy with the results.

Now our kids REALLY can't wait for the coming summer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

tammy said...

Much better! The first year we had our pool, we couldn't wait for summer. I think we were heating it in March so we could get in. Even now, I still can't wait to go swimming this summer. Your kids will love it! And it is so nice to just be able to go to your backyard. We hardly ever leave our house.

Patrice said...

Rhett sure missed Caden. The pool looks great!

Tonya said...

Love it! It looks great and you are going to have so much fun this summer. I'm a little jealous we still have to go to the public pool.

Jamie said...

I love it!!

The May family said...

Wow, that was so fast and it looks wonderful!

I'm so glad you helped me set up the blog. Thank you! I'm even more grateful that you are there as a "big sister" to Betsy. I wish I could be there, but I, too, am so glad you get to know your awesome family!

Devan and Robyn said...

It looks like it will be a great, fun summer! Glad you're enjoying your new house...but I know you miss presidency meetings!!:0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails