Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Planning

My own mother had 8 children.  EIGHT!  Back then there was no ultrasounds to find out the gender, she had them all 'natural', and they came when they came.  I know there are still ones out there that choose to go that same route.  I even have friends that have home births.  I think that is awesome for them...just not for me.

I like my doctor.  I like hearing my babies heartbeat each visit.  I am thankful this time around to know that we are bringing a boy into our family.  I am thankful that I will be able to have this baby in a hospital surrounded with people that know how to care for my baby, and make sure things go smoothly.  I also like the fact that I have a doctor that is willing to work with me and my 'planning.'

We planned for this baby, but I never realized how incredibly hard this would be to have a baby in MAY!  May is chock full of field trips, piano recitals, dance recitals, EVMCO concert, graduations, and end of the year festivities. 

As the time has drawn closer, I continued to look at my calendar and hypervenhilate.  My due date was/is Friday, May 20th.  On Thursday, May 19th -  Sydney & Shawn have a night rehearsal with EVMCO.  On Friday, May 20th - Another night rehearsal with EVMCO.  Saturday, May 21st - Sydney has a dance recital in the morning, and then that afternoon Shawn and Sydney are headed to The MAC for their performance of The Amazing Grace with Collin Raye.  

Seriously the worst time to have a baby for me. So my lovely doctor has made my world brighter.  On Friday, May 13th...I get to have this baby!  It is so nice to know that I won't have to stress over the following weekend.  I still kinda laugh that I am able to 'plan' it, but I am thankful all at the same time. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

3 people know I LOVE comments!:

Staci said...

FYI: My husband was born on Friday, May 13th...so I like to think of it as the LUCKIEST day ever, contrary to "superstitous" beliefs! ALSO...that is Heidi's wedding day...and she thinks it will be a FUN date to get married!

So happy for you & your Friday the 13th baby boy!!

karyn said...

call him freddie. j/k :) so happy for you!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Just think how boring life would be if it wasn't packed full of "things" to do! Good Luck on your upcoming arrival!! So exciting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails