Monday, April 21, 2008

Randomness

*The other day after the kids took their baths...I was drying off Thomas. Caden and Sydney were hovering over...as usual...watching me get Thomas dressed again. The next thing that came out of Caden's mouth had me rolling. "Hey, Mom...Why doesn't Thomas have a neck?"

*Last Friday I got to sub for a Bunko group. The last time I had played Bunko was in H.S. I have always been secretly jealous of my friends that are actually part of a group. It always seemed like a fun way to get together with friends. I am so glad that I went. I had so much fun & I got to meet two of my 'bloggin buddies' Andrea and Julie (aka crazymama). What is even better is they asked me to be part of the 'group' ...I feel so cool now. :)

*I also went and picked up tickets for the Summer Movie Fun at Harkins. Now we get to go to a movie every Friday morning over the summer...so that is 10 movies for only 7 dollars! What a deal. Caden picked up a flyer they had at the theatre, and every day he has been looking at all the "cool movies" he is going to get to watch. I giggle everytime I hear him try to explain them Sydney. "Sydney, The first one we get to watch is 'The Pirates with no feet'(Veggietales - Pirates Who Don't do Anything), then the 'Bad Turtles'(TMNT), third 'Penguins'(Surfs up), fourth 'Shrek the King'(Shrek the Third), 5th 'Bee Movie', 6th 'Friends'(Mr Magoriums), 7th 'Chipmunks'(Alvin & the Chipmunks), 8th 'Flushed Away', 9th 'Girl'(Nancy Drew), 10th 'Rabbit Hunter' (Wallace & Gromit)

*I go back and forth during seasons of actually watching American Idol. This year I have been really into for a couple of reasons. One Brooke White is from Arizona...I actually know people that know her. I think she is a cutie, and it has been fun to watch her. I don't personally think that she will win, but I still like her. I have always been a fan of David Archuleta. I think he has a voice that is so smooth, and beautiful. I had always that he is the one that would win. That is until last week. I had never actually been a fan of David Cook. I thought he was cocky, and full of himself. I always ended up fast forwarding through his performances. But OH MY GOSH...I was so amazed by his rendition of Mariah Carey's "You will always be my baby." I think I am officially converted, and I feel like a giddy teenager with a crush. This guy is so talented, and I could listen to this song over and over again. If you didn't have a chance to see it...or are not into AI...you HAVE to watch this. You won't be dissapointed!


*I really hate this between phase of my body. I am not a big as a whale anymore, but so not what I was before I was pregnant. I think I change my clothes 5 or 6 times before I find something that I kinda like. I can't bring myself to get anything new...yet I have nothing to wear!!

*On a happy note...I did get to go back to the gym today! Yippee!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

13 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

so glad you subbed and joined bunko! and WHOOHOO for movie fun! too funny his names for the movies. and ugh on nothing to wear. that always stresses me out. i just buy new. might as well look as good as i can. even if it isn't where i want to be.

Tonya said...

That summer movie sounds so cool! And no neck...too funny ;) I hear ya on the inbetween body phase.

tammy said...

I hate that inbetween stage too....unfortunately mine is still going on after 6 years.

I'm glad that you came to bunko too, especially since you were secretly coveting your friends that had a group. It is so much fun, and so addicting! I've been playing for over 10 years now. Wow, that makes me really old.

An Ordinary Mom said...

It sounds like you are adjusting to three rather well. I am still beyond nervous.

As far as AI goes, I absolutely adore both David's. I think they will both have fabulous careers.

And I am so not looking forward to that in between stage my body will be in, too. Yikes!

Heather said...

I hated my body after pregnancy. And I feel your angst on "I have nothing to wear and don't want to buy clothes". Even shopping for said bigger clothes is a beast and thoroughly depressing. Woohoo for the gym!

Scribbit said...

No neck? :) Maybe he's training to be a football player.

Sherri said...

I'm afraid to go anywhere for fear that someone will ask when my baby is due. I hate this time dealing with a post-birth body. Hoping the nursing will pay off eventually and I'll get some energy back -you did good to keep it up while you were pregnant.

Katie said...

I'm in that inbetween stage too, just getting bigger though! No fun. I love the no neck comment! So cute and funny! I loved that song too! He really is so talented and makes things so unique and his own.

Jen said...

I am so glad that you subbed and joine our group! It was fun getting to know you better. Your kids are just too cute! I love Caden's names for all the movies.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

I HATE that body stage...it seems to last longer and longer each time too!! I have clothes in every size possible just so that I have something to wear! Hey, I used to babysit Brooke White! It is totally weird to see her performing and it makes me feel really old too.
Bethany

KellyAnn said...

I am hooked on Idol too. I think Brooke White is a doll but last night I felt so bad for her. It was very awkward. David Archuletta is awesome, but suddenly David Cook has come to the fore front. I would love to see either David win!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! What kids think of is simply hilarious!

I am glad you got to go to the gym. It always gave me some extra energy, and I felt so good after I worked out!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Bunco sounds like a ton of fun. THe mommies group here has Bunco night. I haven't been able to go yet though! With sick kids and dances, and meetings.

Your kids crack me up!!! Read about the funny things my three year old says

http://www.three-peas.com/2008/04/out-of-mouths-of-babes.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails