Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Life

About a week ago, Shawn and I were sitting outside watching our kids jump on the trampoline.  The weather has been great (minus some 90-100 degree temps last week), and the kids have been spending much of their afternoons, and evenings in the backyard.  

I love spending time with my kids, but I almost love observing their interactions with each other even more.  I think I could spend hours in silence watching them jump, play, and laugh together.  It really is music to my ears. There are times when it isn't all joy and laughter, but when it is...my heart is full.  

As we sat there, we noticed a hummingbird above our heads.  She had started to build a nest on a windchime that was left by the previous owners.  It was/is super tiny, so I thought there was no possiblity there could be eggs inside.  A few days later I hopped up on a stool and took a picture. 
Inside there was two perfectly tiny hummingbird eggs (about the size of a jellybean)!  The kids and myself included are so excited to watch the development of these little creatures. 
I have watched this mother hummingbird come and go through out the day, but spending the majority of her time sitting in her nest.  Doing everything she can to keep these precious eggs warm.  It makes me wonder if they have the same deep love for their eggs as we do for our own children.  I would like to think that they do.

I am now 34 weeks pregnant.  Creating life is a wonder to me.  As I sit here feeling the movements of the little boy inside of me, I can't help but feel grateful.  It is amazing to realize that my Heavenly Father created a body for me that knows exactly what to do to cultivate, and nourish life.  I didn't have to learn to build a nest for my baby.  I didn't need to know what to do to keep him safe and warm.  My body automatically knows.  As each day goes by, that life inside of me is growing (and boy do I feel it!), and preparing himself to enter this world.  I am thankful for the opportunity once more to be a part of that.
34 weeks...I already feel HUGE!
I love my children, and the joy they bring to my life.  I can't wait until this new little life is here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

tammy said...

Love this. There really is nothing like being a mother.

Jim and Brooke said...

Growing a baby is an amazing miracle. You said it so well. And how neat to watch a hummingbird and be able to see that day to day as it happens.
You have a cute baby belly, by the way. :)

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

You look absolutely adorable!! So happy to hear that you are enjoying the experience...It's so great to be a mom!!

onehm said...

CUTEST baby bump!! :)

Kaycee said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of the eggs in the nest is PRICELESS! We don't get hummingbirds around here and I'm so envious. Thanks for sharing!!

sherry said...

LOVE the cute baby bump!Can't wait to meet him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails