Thursday, November 1, 2007

My 10 Year Reunion

Okay...I think that I am officially the last one to write a post about the reunion. I have been in a serious "blog funk", and just haven't had the desire to post much...sorry to my faithful fans. :) Anyway, the reunion was alot of fun. It was nice to see so many people that I hadn't seen in years. Sara had asked for my help a while back, and I was glad to be involved somewhat in the planning process. We definitely learned alot of what we do and don't want to happen at our 20 year! One thing is for sure...we will not be using Great Reunions. They jacked up the price, and then the people they sent to "run it" had NO CLUE as to what was going on.

The day was super busy. The program that we use to make slide shows was giving us (or should I say Shawn...he is my computer genius! I don't know what I would do without him!) alot of problems. We almost thought we wouldn't be able to pull it off. Shawn, of course was able to come to the rescue and everything turned out well.

We went to the picnic in the afternoon, and saw everyone and their adorable children. It is so weird to see the guys I went to high school with as fathers. I only took a few pictures there...I wish I would have taken more because there were a ton of people there that did not come to the dinner in the evening.

After the picnic we went home, and put Sydney down for a nap. Shawn worked out all the kinks in the slide show. Then, because I wanted to make our day even crazier we had set up an appointment with our friends for a photo shoot at 4. I know it was kinda stupid. It was not what was really needed that day. Fortunately we were able to pull it off.

We met Dusty and Elisha out at "The Farm". I took a few shots with my own camera so you can see what the kids looked like. We had a lot of fun, and the location was beautiful. It will be nice to finally have a family picture. I really regret not being on the ball sooner. We don't have a family photo with just Caden in it. I just wanted to make sure that we got pictures before the next baby came, and before I look like an elephant!!! I really think that the pictures are going to be great--and of course will post them here when we get them! After the shoot we headed home only to drop the kids off and race to the dinner part of the reunion.

The evening turned out well despite the ignorance of Great Reunions. I think that everyone had a good time, and enjoyed catching up with old friends. I tried to get pictures of everyone that was there. I am sure I missed some, but I think I got most. I am sure some of the people thought I was a little crazy because I don't really know some of them, but I thought it would be fun for those who weren't able to attend to see who was there. So enjoy the slide shows, and hopefully I will see more of my classmates at the next reunion. I am really glad that I decided to go. I think I would have regretted it otherwise.


This first slide show is the one that we made for the reunion.


This one is pictures of Friday night at Dos Gringos, a few at the picnic, and the dinner that evening. Enjoy!

(We had even transferred the senior video into a computer file. I have to talk to my amazing husband about how to upload that one. It is huge, and is almost 30 minutes long, but if you went to high school with me it is still kinda entertaining.)

I will post Halloween pics soon...I hope! I have enjoyed seeing all of the cute costumes on all the other blogs.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

10 people know I LOVE comments!:

Katie said...

That was really fun the see your pics from your reunion! The first picture in the first slide show I know the girl, Leann, in the middle. We met in summer school one year and she is so cute and fun! I actually ran into her at Target in Sept. Also Christian and Stephanie (nienie) Nielson are in my ward so that was fun to see them in the 2nd slide show! You did a much better job taking pictures than I did at our reunion a few weeks ago.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Cam will love seeing it. He was so disappointed that we weren't able to attend.

Sarah said...

Why did we wear what we did 10 years ago? SCARY!! Thanks for posting those - it was fun to see all the pictures. I think we need to get together more than every 10 years!!

P.S. OPEN THE ENVELOPE

The Earls said...

That was so fun to watch. I wish I could have been there. Ya caught myself in a few old pics. YIKES! I was a hopeless dork. I'm glad we all grow up. Thanks for taking so many great pictures and sharing them!

The Earls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Sydney looks so beautiful, I love the light behind her and Caden is growing! Glad you had a fun time at your reunion.

Amy said...

Everyone just got more and more gorgeous!

Dizzy Kate said...

I'm glad you had fun at your reunion. I am sure it was great. I still want to get together. Name a date and time and we will work it out.

Sara! said...

Great job on your videos! They were definately worth waiting for! Thanks again and again for your hard work!

Rhiannon said...

I loved the slide shows. everyone looked great in them. P.S. you don't look like a whale.

Related Posts with Thumbnails