Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Some are dying to know...

I know you all are probably looking at this picture and wondering what the heck it is. This past Thursday I went in for my ultrasound, and now the answer to that nagging question is sealed and stapled in this very envelope. It sits in my wallet, and I see when I go to make purchases. I know it is there, and I know that all I have to do is rip it open, and it will reveal to me what we will be having. Yet there is a part of me that smiles each time knowing that I am not opening it. I can hear the screaming now. It will probably drive you all crazy, but for right now it is staying sealed with an opening date to be determined. We may open it...we may not. I just haven't decided yet. Until then, I smile everytime I open my wallet and see it staring back at me. Part of me is amazed that I have had enough will NOT to open it.


This past weekend has been a blur full of excitement and fun. I just feel like I haven't had time to breathe quite yet. It started with the ultrasound on Thursday, and then all of my Reunion activities over the weekend. To make things even busier we somehow managed to squeeze in a Family photo shoot! I will post the details and pictures of my fun weekend within the next few days.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

20 people know I LOVE comments!:

Smithfamily said...

Way to go! Keep it a seceret...

K said...

Crystal -- you better hope I don't get ahold of your wallet!!! :) Fine. I will let you keep your fun secret. That is a rather fun way to go.

Staci said...

Crystal---do you prefer a boy or a girl?

How about I look at the envelope for you, but don't tell you the contents:)

Sarah said...

Open it! Open it! Open it! Open it!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow you do have some will power! i can't believe you can resist! have you gone shopping to gymboree yet? baby gap? anywhere? i am impressed but holy cow i'd be going crazy! i always think if i have to choose between one really fabulous girl outfit or a really handsome boy outfit and i can't pick both for lack of funds i would rather know.

Anonymous said...

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!

You have a lot more willpower than I!! Do you have a strong feeling either way? With all my kids, I predicted accurately - even when I was told that Bridet was a boy, I just knew they were wrong.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

i did the same thing with #3- didn't open for a few months, then i opened at Christmas & that was my present!!! it was so fun feeling like i was actually in control of myself and i loved opening it with fam. sitting by!!

Anonymous said...

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!
The suspense is going to drive me nuts. :)

Half a Dozen said...

That is awesome! We decided not to find out with #4, and it was a really neat experience in the delivery room. I can't wait to find out what you're having.

Stina said...

ah you are a better woman than i! i go CRAZY when i am NEARING the time we can find out the gender! i HAVE to know!! hmm...i wonder if i'd mellow out a bit if i had a boy in the mix too...i just want a little boy so bad...don't get me wrong, i LOVE my girls with all my heart! but they want a brother too...although my oldest is making me nervous...she has been suddenly talking about a baby brother all the time! our youngest is 6 months! i'm not ready yet!! ack!

anyway, i am so excited for you guys!

Bowman Family said...

Crystal, we did that with Rachel. I wanted to wait until Christmas to find out. Fortunately for me I had my ultrasound a few weeks before. That wasn't much of a wait, but it nearly killed me! It was really fun opening it at our Christmas family dinner.
Good luck!

Phae-Jae said...

I don't think I could do that, with the answer being that close! You are strong woman;D

We didn't find out with our first, our choice. I KNEW it was a boy..ha, it wasn't!

We tried to find out twice with our second, she refused to let us see. I thought she was our boy, nope.

We found out with our third, and laughed that it was a girl.

Our fourth, I told the doctor it was a girl. I was right!

Anonymous said...

be strong, crystal. you can do it. i loved not knowing on our first. i hated knowing on our second. and it is not a guarantee either that the folks are 100% sure. hope the little package brewing up in you is doing so well today. blessings to you and sydney and caden today, kathleen :)

ps. come and share with me what i posted last night hon? it meant so much to me to be able to write openly about what has been on my mind. thanks sweetie.

Julie said...

Wow, you have really great will power. I like to be surprised but my hubby doesnt, so we compromised and only found out the gender on every other child. It drove him crazy. hee hee.

Casey said...

I am proud of you! You already have one of each so I think you are doing it right waiting! Surprises are fantastic!! Good Luck!! Hold on to that willpower!

Casey said...

I am proud of you! You already have one of each so I think you are doing it right waiting! Surprises are fantastic!! Good Luck!! Hold on to that willpower!

kemra said...

You go girl!

Scribbit said...

Well you're just passing on the suspense to me.

Surprises are fun though!

Katie said...

I say you open it after your baby comes out! We have let two be a surprise and found out with two. So since we have done it both ways TWICE I am an expert! So let me tell you, finding out at the birth is WAY more exciting!

Dizzy Kate said...

AAAA! I don't know how you can stand the suspense. I don't know I could do it. Well, either way, congratulaions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails