Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Birthday's and Check up's!

Two years ago on September 29th our little Sydney Ranelle made her entrance into this world. I have to say I was a little surprised when I first saw her. Caden was really blonde when he was born. At least he had blonde eyebrows and lighter features. My little girl had these dark eyebrows that took me back for a second. She was screaming at the top of her lungs, and her face was all scrunched up. Part of me thought…Wow…she isn’t really a very cute baby. I felt bad because Mom’s are supposed to say their kids are beautiful, but it took me a little while to get used to such a difference in how she looked from Caden. Yet as she has grown, it is those very dark features that make her so beautiful.
As the saying goes, “No two children are alike.” Everything from the day she was born has confirmed this to be true. Her delivery was simple (if there is such a thing!) compared to Caden’s. Her looks were different, and their personalities are night and day. It has been interesting to watch her develop, and gain some feistiness. Even though Caden can be rough with her, she absolutely adores that boy.

Her potty training is coming along. She is doing amazingly well. I still can’t believe that I won’t have to change diapers for 6 whole months before the baby comes! I don’t know what I am going to do with myself!

Our little princess is just that. She is a doll with all the sweetness you could ever handle and more. She has captured our hearts, and we love her more and more each and everyday.

We had a small dinner/birthday party for both Caden and Sydney this past Sunday. It was actually nice to not make such a big deal about it for once. Part of me felt bad because I dropped the ball this year when it came to planning. I just didn’t have the time or energy to put something together. So this was totally last minute. It is nice that they are so young, and I can still get away with being a slacker mom.

On Tuesday, I took the kids in for the yearly check ups. I am always interested to see how much they weigh, and how much they have grown. We don’t have a scale at our house so I never really know. Caden never fails to top the charts. He now weighs 45 pounds (96%) and is 44 inches tall (98.74%)! My sister, Cathy, affectionately calls him the Tank. He lives up to the name.

Sydney on the other hand is on the other end of the spectrum. She weighed in at 26 pounds (42%) and is 32.5 inches tall (17.88%)! This will be the last time that they measure her head, but for that she was in the 99%! So I have this tiny little girl with a HUGE head.

When I looked back at their progress it was kinda crazy to think that when Caden was 6 months old he was the about the height and weight that Sydney is at 2 years!!!!! Can you believe that!?! I have no idea how I handled that boy! He was huge!

Caden had to get 4 shots. It was so brutal. It brought tears to my eyes! It is hard enough when they are little and they cry, but it was soo hard to actually hear him pleading them not to hurt him. My heart broke. It was so sad!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

12 people know I LOVE comments!:

Within These Walls said...

They grow up so fast! When my daughter got her kindergarten shots she was really mad that she had to get 4 shots. She thought she was only going to have to get 1 shot. It's fun to see how different your own children can be.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your little ones! Your Tank sounds a lot like my little man - HUGE!

And you are not a slacker mom. Who says keeping it simple isn't the way life is supposed to be?

Dizzy Kate said...

Your kids are so cute. I love to hear all about them and how your family is doing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

Katie said...

Happy Birhtday Sydney! I think she was a totally cute baby from the looks of that newborn picture! And she is such a beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Hope you had a fantastically FUN day!! :)

Melanie and Will said...

That is so sad when they have to get shots and stand on the sidelines to watch as the mommy!

Sydney is so adorable! She has beautiful eyes! Sad how fast our little ones grow up!

Heather said...

She is so beautiful, what clear blue eyes! And yay for potty training and 6 months diaper free! BTW, I cleaned Robert Aker's teeth the other day, Shawn's cousin. He said to say hi!

Phae-Jae said...

She is a beauty!

Some years we have big birthday party's, but a lot of times it is just cake/ice cream/gifts after dinner. Simply Sweet

I agree it is harder when they are bigger getting shots!

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh gosh! bummer about the shots! and whoohoo! Happy Birthday Sydney! she is a cutie! we pretty much only do family parties. this year they get build a bear alone with mom and family party with cake. i totally slack occasionally! it happens! and i bribe my kids to get their shots! you get a shot and you get a prize! some of them don;t even cry because they know they get a prize. works great!

awesome about the potty training! my 3 yr. old isn't potty trained yet!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so cute. They change so much from when they are born. With both of mine, their pictures from when they are only minutes old almost can't be claimed as them because they changed so much :-)

Overwhelmed! said...

I love the birthday pictures you've shared! Your kids are so adorable. :)

As for doing a last minute birthday gathering, there's nothing wrong with that. When they're little like this, having their family, cake, and presents is what's really important to them! :)

I've found that my little guy (turning 3 in Dec) gets overwhelmed with large groups for his birthday so we deliberately keep things small and laid back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails