Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Love Tuesdays!

Have I told you lately how much I love Tuesdays!? Why do I love them you may ask? Well, a few months ago Karyn, my kid swap buddy, called me and told me about a community orchestra that her high school orchestra director was directing. She and her sister, Kathryn, were going to enroll, and wanted to know if I would want to sign up to. The thought peaked my interest because I hadn't really played my violin for quite some time. I really have missed it. So I got up the guts and enrolled.

So now every Tuesday Karyn, Kathryn, and I drive together to the community college to play in an orchestra. It has been so much fun. I have really enjoyed getting to know them better, and I get to do something that I love in the process. After rehearsal we pick a place to go for a treat! It is our weekly "Girl's Nite Out." Something we have to look forward to every single week!

This Karyn, Me, Nicole (one of Karyn's H.S. friends & now my friend too!) & Kathryn

I think sometimes as a mother we tend to put everything off. I hadn't played my violin in forever! When I pulled it out to tune it before our first rehearsal, Caden said, "Hey, Mommy...what is that?" It tugged at my heart because it showed how much I didn't play it. I am thankful that I took a step to get some "me" time. I think me and my children will benefit from it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

8 people know I LOVE comments!:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

I love my Tuesday nights at symphony too and I could really go for some irish mint/chocolate mesa yogurt right now!

Within These Walls said...

What a great idea! How fun that you get to do something just for you!

Carina said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go taking some time for you and practicing your talents! and YUMMY yogurt! i need to make the trek over there for some of that delightful stuff! !

Melanie and Will said...

Glad you get to have some time to use your talents and have time out with the girls! Were you at Mesa Frozen Yogurt?? I love that place, haven't been in forever. yummmmmy

Dizzy Kate said...

AAAA! You have no idea how much I wish I could be there. You and Karyn are so much fun. Let's cross our fingers for next semester!!

Anonymous said...

yay crystal! happy for you that you are doing this for yourself, too. good for you. it's not too late to let caden get used to seeing you w/your instrument. glad you're getting to have some fun girl adult time, too. you are much more than just a mommy. you're awesome sweet, kathleen :)

ps. happy Sabbath

Suzanne said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to do something like that! What a great girls night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails