Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sugary Pumpkins

Today was my day to have the kids, and Karyn to have her 4 hours of bliss...aka Kid Swap Day. I had seen this idea over at An Ordinary Mom's, and thought it would be a great craft for the kids to do while they were here.
It involves a pumpkin, push pins, and lots of gummy, sugary treats. Hopefully Karyn isn't too mad at the sugar high I gave her kids...but they had a blast making them and sneaking in treats for themselves in the process. It was alot of fun, and there was no "messiness" that you get with the regular carving of a pumpkin.
Also just so you know, Scribbit is hosting a weekly carnival for the Winter that she has dubbed "The Winter Bazaar." Every Wednesday, people from around the blogospher are linking up on her blog with different crafts, activities, and recipes to do during the next few months. There has been lots of fun ideas already submitted, and if you participate or even leave a comment...your name gets put into the pot for a prize! You should check it out!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

10 people know I LOVE comments!:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Those are some awesome looking pumpkins! I am glad you and the kids had such a great time with this activity. I might have to steal your picture and put it on my blog ... I love the scared/surprised look of Caden's pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

What cute 'lil pumpkins!! This is the first time I've seen this kids craft. Looks like the kids had a blast!!!

Heather said...

Super cute idea, I will have to remember this one.

Miss Notesy said...

What a terrific idea!

Be Inspired Always said...

Great idea. The pumpkins turned out wonderful and it looks like the kids had a blast!


We'll be carving out pumpkins tomorrow.



Jillian

Dizzy Kate said...

How fun! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful crafty ideas. I have actually been looking for a craft for Kendra and Kessa to do for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

hi crystal:
mallory's pumpkin is funny. almost looks like it has 6 freaky eyeballs! good idea, kathleen :)

Katie said...

Those are so cute!

K said...

Way to go SUPER MOM!!! Thanks for all the fun things you do for and with my kids! I really appreciate you supplementing my parenting!

Bowman Family said...

Fabulous idea! I will have to try that next year. My dad bought my girls their pumpkins and he wants to paint them this year so I will let him do what he wants as long as I don't have to clean up! hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails