Saturday, December 8, 2007

What we have been doing lately...

With December now here, our life seems a flurry full of activities. We began December with a bang by going to Broadway Palms rendition of Babes in Toyland. We always love going to these lunch theatre plays. It is an entertaining afternoon with food, family, and friends. The kids are always mesmerized by the performers. We didn't stay long enough to take pictures with the cast, but we still enjoyed the show!

After the play we headed over to the airport for my company's Children's Christmas party. They clear the whole hanger out and load it with all sorts of things for the kids to do. They had bouncers, rock climbing, the tall slides that you sit on a burlap bag to go down on, and of course Santa. They even had the fire department, and police department there with thier bikes, and a fire truck. Caden immediately was drawn to the truck and stayed there until the firefighters kicked him out. The kids ran around like chickens, and I was able to catch up with some friends, and coworkers that I don't see as often. The kids had so much fun they did not want to leave. (This last picture that I have here was taken as we were leaving the party. It was a cloudy day, and the sun had just broke through the clouds...so pretty!)
We eventually got our kids out of the playland only to head over to a performance by City Lights. City Lights is a singing and dancing performing group that Shawn was involved in during High School. His good friends mom had started the group, and had invited all the alumni to come to the latest performance. They had a slide show of all the previous performers, and some of Shawn's friends showed up. Afterwards we went out to dinner, and they reminisced about "the good times." (BTW-this photo was taken by Caden...he really loves the camera)

Somehow we managed to squeeze one more thing into that crazy day. Shawn's dad came over to watch our kids while we headed over to a Christmas party that a woman in our ward (church congregation) was having. Thank goodness we had already eaten because she had the best spread of yummy treats that you have ever seen! I seriously would have stuffed myself silly if I wasn't already stuffed in the first place. It was nice to mingle with others, and hang out with some friends.

This day had me tuckered, and I was ever so grateful for my bed in the evening! The following day we attended church. Shortly after we returned home Shawn packed up and headed for the airport for a week long trip to Atlanta, GA. He was conducting a training seminar for his job. I debated whether to go out there with him and the kids, but ended up opting out.

It was hard having him gone this whole week, but I sure got alot done. My house had been suffering, and without him here, I was able to clean up many of the areas that needed my help. He kinda joked that he should go out of town more often! Kudos go out to those single mothers out there. I have no idea how they do it! I love my children, but man I missed getting those little breaks once Shawn would come home from work. I was so happy when Shawn called and said that he would be coming home late Thursday rather than Friday evening.

Last night we went over to Julie and Robbie's and hung out for a few hours. It was so fun to watch Sydney and Gemma play together. I really wish that I would have gotten some pictures of the two of them. It looks like they are going to be good friends. They remind me so much of each other.

Now we are into the weekend, and Christmas is quickly approaching. I still feel like I have a million things to do in order to be prepared for the holiday. I hope to get some shopping done today! And then it is off to Shawn's company party! One thing that I did get done was my Christmas cards...now I just need to drop them off at the post office! If anyone still wants one...just email me your mailing address. Toodles!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow super busy day and long week,. my hubby jokes that he should go out of town too, becuase for some reason i got alot done the week he was gone too. have a great day with more parties! love all the pictures!

sheri said...

Fun pictures of the parties. What a nice tradition to take the kids to Broadway Palms. We've seen several really great plays there & the food is good too! Sounds like you're packing in a lot of fun stuff into your days. You're a good little mama!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails