Thursday, April 12, 2007

Picture Fiasco

Last Wednesday Julie came over so I could help her make a bow for Gemma for Easter. I got all my bow making supplies, and that is when she saw one of the bows that I made to match one of Sydney's dresses that had cherries on it. Goes to find out she had just recently bought the same dress for Gemma. Thats when we thought it would be so cute to get pictures of them together. Wednesdays are Robbie's day off so we decided to go the following Wednesday to get the pictures so Robbie could watch Caden while we took the girls.

Julie was a member of a picture club for a company that shall not be named. She had some coupons, and also got some sort of discount so that is where we thought we would take the pictures. When Julie called to set up an appointment, she found that all the locations had been shut down except for one that was on the other side of town. We knew that it would be a long drive, but thought it would be worth it anyway. They didn't have any openings in the morning at the time, but said that we could walk-in, and they would be able to squeeze us in.

So we began our hour long drive closer to 10 am. When we got there we were displeased to find that they couldn't "squeeze" us in until 1:20 pm. At this point we didn't really have much of a choice. We had already driven out there so I wasn't about to turn around empty handed. Julie called Robbie and told him of the situation. Thankfully Robbie is such a trooper, and was willing to watch Caden longer than expected.

With all the time on our hands all we could do was shop, and we also got a bite to eat. One fun thing was Children's Place is having a spring clearance! I think The Children's Place has some really cute clothes, but I am just not willing to pay full price for them. Everything was marked down to $4.99!!! So things that last week had cost $30-40 were now cheap! I snagged some beautiful dresses, and some cute boy outfits for my sister who will be having a boy in June! BTW, they said that Children's Place's nationwide are doing this so check it out, and you may be able to get a deal too!

Then it was time to head back to the studio for the girls photo session. I have to tell ya, they looked so cute. We had everything matching right down to the shoes. While we were waiting to be ushered in the girls played on this thing they had in the entrance. They could climb inside, and then go down a slide. As luck would have it (because the way this day was going...it just had to happen) seconds before they called us...Gemma tumbled down the slide and hit her head. She now was sporting a beautiful red bump on her forehead! They got us an ice pack, and that helped a little bit. The photo shoot turned out pretty good. It is amazing how hard it is to get two little girls to sit still. Halfway through the shoot Sydney decided to face plant. I guess she was feeling left out, and needed a bump of her own. We laughed, they cried and they took more photos. Now we were left with yet another hour to wait for the pictures to get developed, and then we could go home.

We took the kids over to the malls play place, and let them play to their hearts content. It was quite the fun little area. Sydney loves to climb, and this gave her exactly that opportunity. She went up, down, around and through all of fun structures. Finally we headed back over to the studio.

Unfortuantely, the pictures weren't done and we had to wait some more. They gave us more of a discount because they felt so bad because we had been there all day and had driven so far. We finally got to see the results closer to 3:45. They turned out pretty cute, and even though it ate up our whole day...it was fun (though my husband would like to think otherwise). We probably won't ever make that trek again, but atleast we will be able to look back on our crazy LONG day, and laugh even more.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

8 people know I LOVE comments!:

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh boy! Lucky for you all, they look fantastic! It's no easy feat getting two little girls to cooperate. I think I like them so much because they look very natural as opposed to artificially posed. Great outting :-)

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest pictures I have ever laid eyes upon. Too adorable for words.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Cute pictures, but I think the first one is my favorite. I am glad you and the girls survived the day!

Carina said...

Those are great pictures. It's amazing you got them to be so happy when they must've missed their naptimes. I know mine would've been psychotic.

Phae-Jae said...

I Love these!! So Beautiful.

Fun shopping trip, thanks for the tip on TCP!!

Anonymous said...

I think those candid shots are better than the perfectly posed ones. They show so much more personality!

Personally, I dread taking my kids for picture taking. Baby Bug is 4 months overdue!

Unknown said...

My hubby is the same way (GRUMPY) when I get professional photos taken but I think it's important every once and a while. But I LOVE these shots. They are absolutely adorable!

P.S. Yep, I still hate passing semi-trucks.
P.P.S. I've been ward activities person for a year and a half. Too long. :-)

Lara said...

Those photos are priceless but what a price you had to pay! That first one is perfectly adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails