Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday is such a wonderful day. The message brings me such a feeling of renewal, and beginnings. I am so thankful to have a Savior that loves and knows who I am. I was humbled today when I attended my church meetings.

Today is what is called Fast and Testimony meeting. It is normally on the first Sunday of each month, but we had General Conference last week so Fast Sunday was pushed back a week. I know some have a hard time with Sacrament meeting when it is for the bearing of testimonies. I have had a hard time in the past. People get up there and babble on about nothing, and don't really bear their testimony sometimes. Today was different. Perhaps it is because it is Easter everyone's mind is so much more turned toward Christ. It was a great meeting.

Then in Relief Society the lesson was on testimonies. This is where it hit home a little bit more. The lesson talked about how important it is to bear your testimony because it is the only way you can grow, and keep your testimony. I think that I do okay at bearing my testimony, but I also think that sometimes I hold back for fear that the person will be offended. I thought about my friend, and wondered if I should have said something different. I often wonder how many times I have ignored the spirit when it is telling me to testify what I know to be true. I left with a greater appreciation for my own testimony, and a challenge to recognize the spirit more when it is trying to get me to do something that I am afraid of doing.

With that being said...I am so thankful to have been born into a family with two parents that I know love me dearly. I am thankful for the knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is such a great example. I know that He lives, that he loves me, and that He knows who I am. He knows my innermost thoughts, feelings and desires. I am grateful for the sacrifice that he made for all the people in the world. We would not be here if it were not for him. He is what gets me through is day.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. We will be going to my sister's later this evening for a dinner with the family. I took some pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits. Syd did not want to look at the camera today, but she still is beautiful as ever! I can't believe how fast my little Caden is growing. He looked so grown up today in his cute shirt and tie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Happy Easter to you, too! This is my favorite holiday.

And thanks for sharing your testimony. It is something I need to do more often, too!

Carina said...

Your children are beautiful. I think these pictures are infinitely better than mine.!

Related Posts with Thumbnails