Friday, April 20, 2007

Vegetarian Taco Salad

When I was a junior in High School my dad decided to become a vegetarian. He now is a vegan and eats no animal products whatsoever. Out of all the recipes that he made this is one of my favorites. It is so simple to make, and still tastes pretty good. Because I am not a vegan I sometimes put about a cup of cheddar cheese in with the salad, but that is up to you!

Vegetarian Taco Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 a head of lettuce chopped
  • 1 large tomato diced
  • 1-2 avocados diced
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 1 can of kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 1 can of pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 1/2 a bag of crushed tortilla chips
  • 1 small jar of salsa
  • Catalina/French dressing

Preparation:

  • Take all ingredients and toss together in a bowl!
Alot of this recipe is to your own taste. I sometimes don't put all of the onion in, only put a little salsa, and dressing etc. I have also been known to add some chopped cilantro. Let me know if you try it, and what you think!

If you would like to find some more yummy recipes head on over to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing it!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh, that's sounds so good!! If I would have bought the Avocodo today, I could have made this for dinner :) Thanks for sharing and I'm sure I'll be making this soon!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! That sounds so great, thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend! =)

Michelle said...

this sounds like a great salad! Thanks!

Overwhelmed! said...

Quick, easy, and delicious...this is my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Vegetarian Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails