Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Details

For those of you that know me well, you know that when we bought our current home our plan was to never have to move again. Honestly, I really like our house. The layout is different, and we have plenty of room. The only thing that I would like to change is our kitchen. I don't like the cabinets, and the layout of the room is not ideal. It is fine when it is just my little family, but when we have gatherings...it gets small real fast.

The desire to change our kitchen, along with Shawn's desire to acquire a pool sent us on a search. Back in April or May we began toying with the idea of moving. The market, as we all know, is great for buyers. The thing is, we had a very specific search for what we were looking for, so our options were very limited. I just figured that because we were so specific, we would never really find something we liked and it be for the right price. Over time we found a few that we were willing to put an offer in on, but nothing ever came of it.

Then in September a house came on the market, and it was directly across the street from my sister Nancy! The realtor had listed it so high above market, so we lowballed them with an offer. Counter offers ensued for months. I had practically written the thing off, and figured that the bank would never come down to our price. Two months, 14 counter offers, (and a lot of drama) the bank FINALLY accepted our offer.

The house is beautiful. It is still in a cul-de-sac, has a pool, and is perfect for entertaining. It has a beautiful kitchen and cabinets that I like (ie. no remodeling). All it needs is some paint in some of the bedrooms, and a good carpet cleaning! It is much further south, but I love the fact that it is close to lots of shopping and entertainment! (And I can't lie...I am so excited to live so close to my sister...and so are my kids...they think it is soooo cool that we won't have to get in the car, and drive a "LONG" way to see their cousins)

We are now in a speed race to get everything done. We will be renting out our current home, but have to have everything ready before we leave on our vacation! Because this whole process has taken so long our vacation is right smack dab in the middle. Talk about bad timing! In the end, everything should work out okay. I plan on having everything done and ready to go before we leave, and we will move right when we get back in the beginning of December! Just in time for Christmas! Yay!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

18 people know I LOVE comments!:

tammy said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see it! I hate packing and moving - good luck with that!

Becca said...

I want to know where it is going to be! I like lots of details.

Ashleigh said...

Hi! Your blog is cute and so is the fam! This is such a great and easy way to keep up with everyones busy lives! I love it! Can't wait to see what your new house looks like, that is very exciting for you I am sure. Well, it was so great to hear from you! (I am going to link you to my blog, hope that is OK!)

Heather said...

Well good luck! I too can't wait to see pictures of this amazing house. It is fun to start something new, just not the whole packing and moving part.

Patrice said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know whether to be happy for you or sad for me! What are the crossroads? (Maybe you can just tell me when you see me so you don't publish this.)

Tonya said...

That is so exciting. And the fact that you have a renter so awesome!

Elisa B said...

I'm not jelaous of the packing part of your move, but I am super jealous about all the cool things your move will afford you. Across the street from your sister, a pool, a big kitchen, close shopping...I covet covet covet!!

Congrats!!

Emy5 said...

Good luck with the move. It will be exciting to be near family. Great to have found a place that suits you even better!

Cami said...

Yay! How neat to get to love close to family.

Schatz said...

I thought that's what Nancy said...something along those lines, but her "news" made your news go in one ear and out the other...sorry. Hey are you going to the Christmas party on the 6th? It sounds as though you might be busy. I hope you all are going though, would love to see you guys and the kids of course! take care

Candice said...

I want to come and rent your house! How much are you wanting to rent it out for? I told my husband and he thought the idea was rediculous since we already own our house, and we'd have to rent it out. I just hate the location of our house and I REALLY want to live in a cul de sac, plus I LOVE your house! Call me and we'll talk about it! Seriously!

Andrea said...

oh my goodness!!! you're moving! YAY that you found a great house & right by your sister! That's awesome! Sad you're moving farther away! Good Luck with everything!!! Do you need any help?

((hugs))

Staci said...

How FUN!!! Post some pictures of the new house when you get a chance! Good luck with the packing & vacationing & the moving & everything!!!

Holly Janeen said...

your sister doesnt live in Utah by any chance, eh?

come on... you know you want to live by US!!
:)

Schatz said...

oops, i think i accidentally deleted your comment on the mantis...oh well, I did get to read that story though and i think it is making me want to rid these suckers before they hatch...because we now have a few hundred of them as well. she has several of these little egg sacks in her cage now. I can't handle more than 54, that is my limit. ps, if you need any help w/ unpacking or watching the kids...let me know. otherwise, I hope we get to see you on the 6th at the Christmas party for the kids...take care!

Unknown said...

Oh fun! How exciting to be able to live close to your sister. I live less than a block from my brother and his wife. It has been nice having them so close.!

Carl and Starla said...

That is so exciting...I wish I lived across the street from one of my sisters!

Rachael said...

at least u luv me 4ever!! haha lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails