Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lately

As you can imagine things over here have been crazy...yet in the middle of it we still have been having fun. Here is a taste of what has been going on lately...

Thomas is the proud owner of his very own first tooth. (His second one just cut through today--I just hope the top teeth are far away...nursing and teeth...not a fun thing to have together.)
It has been 3 years since my baby girl was born. 3 years I have loved the fact that she has had so much hair. I finally took the plunge and went and got it cut! We cut off about 4 inches, but it is still below her shoulders.
On Friday we 'surprised' one of my best friends Robbie or 'Rob' for his 30th birthday! Today is his actual birthday, but Julie tricked him by having the party early. Robbie is such a great example to me. I am so thankful that he and Julie got married. I have always admired him, and I am so thankful that I am blessed to have met him. I hope that he has had a wonderful birthday because if anyone deserves it...it is him.
Saturday started early... I went and did this...
I am really happy with it....so much for growing it out. I needed a change. I just wish I could style it as well as she did...instead I get this.
Not bad, just not the same as she styled it on Saturday. Maybe one day I will be rich, and someone else can style my hair daily. :)
Caden had his last soccor game that afternoon. He was so proud of his trophy that he snuck it in his church bag today to show to people.

I don't have any pictures of my evening (I had my camera, but forgot to take it out for a pic)...but I was able to meet up with friends for a matinee showing of Twilight, and dinner! I was excited to see the film. I have to say I liked it, but don't know if I loved it. Books are almost ALWAYS better than movies. I thought parts were a bit cheesy. I never pictured Edward being so awkward. But overall I liked it, and hope that they make the subsquent movies. If you have seen it what did you think?

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

13 people know I LOVE comments!:

Jamie said...

I LOO-OVE the new do! All this and a move too. You are a busy little beaver!! I love when little ones are so proud of their accomplishments Too cute:)

Ken_and_Becky said...

Oh, you took the plunge too, huh? Cutting your hair - me and Hailey did too. I love how you did it though, very cute. Mine looks like Reba McIntire until it grows out a little bit. I can't believe Thomas is already getting teeth - my how time flies by!

Becca said...

Your hair looks cute! I'm a chicken about short hair. I saw the movie too and after a few days to stew over it...it's buggin' me more and more. I guess the version in my head was better:-) They did get the go ahead to make New Moon so hopefully they will have a bigger budget and do the special affects the right way. And maybe Kristen Stewart can read the rest of Twilight and the others so she doesn't suck. (sorry I have an opinion) And maybe Rob Pattinson won't look like he's going to throw up when he's supposed to look like her scent is painful yet not? I could go on but I won't :-)

tammy said...

I love your hair. I thought it looked very chic. And Saturday was so much fun! I forgot pictures too. But it was a good time.

Carina said...

I thought your hair looked even better when you styled it than when she did, actually. Very cute!

Congrats on the haircuts, trophy and tooth. Zaya didn't get his first tooth until 13 mos. and Mim's was at 11 mos. I thought they'd never come there for a while.

Patrice said...

Hey, I actually noticed and complimented the do yesterday; it is VERY cute!

Holly Janeen said...

oh you stinkin BABE, you!
the hair is simply ravishing, darling, simply radiant!
you are such a hip mom! :)

Halvos said...

OH my goodness--your hair is SOOO cute! I LOVE it! That is a fun style! Hopefully we'll get to see you when you come! I'll email you...

Andrea said...

Awww what a cute little tooth! Sydney's hair is darling! Oh and I LOVE your new 'do!! Either way it's styled it looks great! I know. I had someone style my hair once and I could NEVER get it to do that again! haha

So cute that Caden's so proud of his trophy! Why not bring to church to show your friends? LOL

YAY you got to see Twilight! Loved it! Definitely loved the books better, but they did pretty good with the movie!

Dang you are BUSY lady! All this & packing too! GOOD LUCK!!

((hugs))

Dizzy Kate said...

It is fun to read an update on your cute family. I love the new dos, the first tooth and the trophy - very cute! I didn't see Twilight because I never even read the books, but Starla told me that she liked the books better and that she didn't think the movie was worth the money. I'm sad we won't see everyone over Thanksgiving break, but hopefully we will get together for the Christmas season?

Tonya said...

Wow first tooth and first hair cut! I also must say that I like the way you styled it better, if that matters! You gave it bounce ;)

Casey said...

Yay teeth! :) He is getting so big! I love your hair, its sooo cute! :) I haven't gotten Riley's cut yet :( Its been 2 years but I cant bring myself to do it.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Your new do is very nice! I really like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails