Thursday, April 23, 2009

Underlying Story

UPDATE: For those of you who read this and are really worried for me....don't be. :) I am doing great. Actually I think I am doing better than I have been in a long time. I didn't mean to make anyone worried, and didn't mean to sound so depressed. My main point here was to explain that there are some things that I just feel aren't appropriate to share with the whole internet. Believe me...I have had alot of venting with close friends. I am doing well. Thanks for the love!

When watching some of my favorite TV shows it is always apparent that there is an underlying story that ties each episode together. It is those issues that we all know are there, but are never fully addressed and in essence it is those things that keep us watching because it is what makes the show interesting. So we continue to watch and see different events occur, but again those core issues are never resolved.

I think in some ways our lives play out in the same way. We all have an underlying story in our day to day lives. Those things that make us who we are. Things we are continually dealing with, but sometimes never address. We go through each day doing our tasks, having fun with our families, and as always life goes on. April has been a big blur. We have had lots of fun with Easter, birthdays, parties, weddings...yet everytime I went to write about it....all I could think about what was going on in the 'background'....or the underlying story of my life.

The best thing about blogs is that you can paint a picture of how wonderful things are. Don't get me wrong....things are wonderful, but it also doesn't mean that we have heartache in between. For the most part I try to be positive, and sometimes things are just better left unsaid. Anyhow, I think I finally can focus on my actual 'episodes' and not my underlying story...so come back over the next few days and I can show you the fun we had.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

11 people know I LOVE comments!:

Jaylee Draney said...

Just remember that it's okay to let the underlying story out every once in a while. Nobody's world is rosy all the time.

Dani said...

My SIL had mentioned something on her Blog hwere everyones lives seem to be perfect and happy buy really they are not, it's just all we write about. It's okay to get on and do a post saying things went all wrong and your shaking your fist. I just hope it's not always like that for anyone. love you Crystal!

tammy said...

Are you okay?

Like you said, we rarely put the whole story out there, but I have found as soon as I let some of it out, there are tons of people right there for support and understanding.

Patrice said...

Right back at you, Crissy! There has been lots of heartache and struggle in my life, but it doesn't make it to the post. Do you want to talk?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's true that we all have stories. Some of us share more than others, and some share in ways that I personally feel are a little too out there. I will be waiting to hear about all the fun you had!

Casey said...

I totally understaznd :) We document all the good and fun things that happen in our life, but we rarely focus on the day to day struggles that we all as mom's and wive's face.. :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

That's why I find it so inspiring to find blogs to read that keep it real ... hope all is going well! (And blog about whatever you feel like!)

Tonya said...

Now blogger is working for me! I totally understand the underlying stuff. And somethings aren't meant for the internet. Glad you are ok though.

Sarah said...

Love ya!!!!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Don't worry...it't not always "easy" to be a mom/wife. This life isn't always perfect and we have our own challenges to help us grow. Concentrate on the positive and don't forget to SMILE!! :)

katie Layton said...

I completely agree. Thank you for being so real. I LOVE the Easter pictures of your kids. They are adorable. I'm sure they will be just as handsome and pretty on the inside since you and Shawn are their parents. You two are the friendliest couple I know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails