Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life with Sydney

Last month a friend of mine was doing some Easter Mini Shoots. I hadn't actually got their easter outfits yet, but thought I would get some pictures taken in their brown suit's and dresses. I wanted to have Sydney's hair down, but wanted it curly. So I took piece by piece and curled it in ringlets. When I was done she looked sooo cute. It reminded me of Shirley Temple. I had individually sprayed each curl with hairspray so her hair was a little stiffer than normal. I was so excited, and brought her to the mirror to show her how 'beautiful' she looked. I expected a smile to flash across her face because she likes me to make her hair beautiful, but instead the flood gates opened. My poor girl stared at herself in the mirror, and begged for me to 'put her hair back together!'
She eventually got over it. Once I separated the curls, put a bow in her hair, and gave her hair some time to relax...it looked great. We headed over to the photo shoot, and while we were there I came to a realization about my little girl. She does not like to have any attention brought to her. I have so many little candid shots of her where she smiles away, and looks as cute as can be...but all (a whole 3) of the professional photo shoots we have tried to do with her is like pulling teeth getting a genuine smile. It didn't occur to me until that day how much she really hates being in the spotlight. Here are a series of shots from the shoot....you can see how much she is loathing the experience, and then we finally get genuine smile!
Don't even try to give her a compliment. If you try to tell her she is beautiful, pretty, funny, a princess...she will stop you short. Then simply matter of fact she will say "I am NOT {insert compliment} I AM Sydney!

My girl LOVES to sing. In fact my world is filled with a never ending loop of her version of "Part of your world." If there is ever a lull in anything she starts belting out the tune, but the minute I look at her, she stops singing, and says "Stop it"....even though I did nothing but LOOK at her. I happened to actually get her on tape the other day in the car. You can tell in the beginning she knew the camera was on, but a little bit into...I think she forgot. It makes me grin everytime....her lyrics are always wrong, and sometimes not even understandable, but I LOVE IT!


She really is the sweetest thing ever. I am thankful to have my little girly girl....even if she gives me attitude from time to time.

A special thanks to Ashley, and her super talent. I am SO happy with how all the pictures turned out! If you missed out on the Easter Mini Shoot... She is having a special for a Mothers Day Mini Session!

Check back later to see Thomas and Caden's pics :) For now I am off to Women's Conference!! 3 days to have fun and be uplifted with my best friend Julie! Yay!!! Wish Shawn luck!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

17 people know I LOVE comments!:

Patrice said...

I am at the airport waiting for my flight. Maybe I will see you there!

Becca said...

Oh my heck how precious is that little girl of your's! She's so dang cute.

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tammy said...

She looks adorable! Love the hair and the dress. And her cute little sayings.

Have fun at Women's Conference. I guess that is a good reason to postpone bunko.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

So cute!! And she even stays in key :) I think girls are just born with attitudes!

Stoddard's said...

Oh that is too cute. You should send that video to the Ellen show :)

sherry said...

She looks BEAUTIFUL! I am amazed she sat still long enough for you to do that. So many are cute but the last one is my fave.I am so jealous you get to go to womens conference. Isn't this your first time? Maybe next year I will see you there!

Julz said...

Good job on the curls, I need some tips, Brylee has a dance recitle coming up and she's gonna need some curls!

Davis said...

That is too cute. I was thinking back to when your older brother was my primary teacher and we went to your mom's house for a Sat. party or something and your littlest brother was singing Little Mermaid to us the whole time we were there. I have always remembered that. Your family loves that movie. :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous - you got some great shots there!! Love the singer - my daughter is like that too! ;-)

Tonya said...

Crystal she is absolutely adorable with those curls and that smile. It will get her in trouble one day ;) But that video takes the cake my friend. I could listen to her sing that all day long she might be the next pop sensation!

Crazymamaof6 said...

flipping cute! love the hair! and her song, so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is sooo cute!!! Sounds like you are going to have quite the singer on your hands, you can tell she has a real talent there :).
Her pictures are beautiful!!

Holly Janeen said...

lol... that is awesome.
Jeff has it memorized and sings it often, too.
they should have a club!

she is so cute.
in some of those pictures she looks like a little you! :)

Schatz said...

such a cutie!!!!! loved seeing you all today~

Schatz said...

hey, I just showed that video of syd to stephen and he was laughing out loud, we both think it is adorable!!!!

Now we want a girl even more!

nice seeing you today, you are so pretty!

have fun on your trip!

Mariah said...

I digg that cte inoecent lil' cute face! she is impossibe to break out a cry! shes darling, what a cutie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails