Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anticipation

For a while, I have wanted to get some type of buffet/dresser to put by this wall in my family room.
It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I really had that itch to find something...NOW!!  I didn't want it to look totally like a dresser, but didn't just want a plain table either.  I started my addiction with Craigslist, and each day would search the ads looking for the perfect piece.  There were a few that I came across, but they were more than I was willing to spend or not something I was totally in love with.  So each day I would check religiously throughout the day hoping I would find something. 

Last night I was looking again, and I came across exactly what I wanted...and for an awesome price!  They would be selling it at a garage sale the next morning all the way across town.  I decided that it was worth the drive, and texted Anna to see if she would want to go on the adventure with me.

I took a risk.  The ad had the crossroads, but no actual address.  There were two different ads...one said it started at 6 am and the other at 7 am.  I didn't want to drive all that way and not be able to get it so I rolled out of bed at 4:45am and went and got Anna at 5am!  We were off!!!

We arrived in the 'area' around 5:45am and there was only one sign near the road so we headed in that direction.  When we got to the house...not much was going on.  Anna and I were a little confused because we thought they would atleast be getting things set up.  I started getting anxious as a few other cars started showing up, and waited....but nothing happened!!  We drove around the neighborhood again to make sure there weren't other sales going on, but still couldn't find it. 

We were so confused as to why someone would post something on craigslist the night prior, and then not be there.  It was now 7 am, and we still couldn't find the house.  We figured the one we sat in front of was an old sign from a previous sale that they never took down.  I was bummed.  We drove all the way across town, and then were going to go home empty handed because they failed to put an actual address.  We did one final drive around the area, and were about to drive home when we saw a van drive up to the intersection, stop and put up a new sign!!! 

My heart skipped!  We turned around, and stopped and asked them if they were the ones that had advertised on Craigslist....THEY WERE!!!   We followed the signs and got to their house...luckily my 'find' was still there!  It definitely needs some TLC, but I am so excited for the potential! 
Seriously the best $40 ever spent!
Hopefully it won't take me too long to refinish it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

Amanda said...

Awesome! I would love to have something like that, and I think refinishing can be pretty fun... well, maybe not fun, but the end result is totally worth it!

Kathryn said...

wow - love it.

K said...

ditto my sis -- wow - love it.

Casey said...

Its beautiful! what a great find! I cant wait to see it all finished!

tammy said...

I know that itch very well. My MIL has one very similar to this that was her parents. I love buffets. I have my Grandparents' and I can't decide whether to refinish it or keep it as is. I'm excited to see what you do with yours. Good find!

Shawn said...

How is this coming? It looks SO good in the garage.. I think we should keep it there FOREVER.

Related Posts with Thumbnails