Friday, December 24, 2010

While we were sick

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and acts of service towards our family this past couple weeks.  I have been overwhelmed by the outpour, and extremely grateful for the love we felt from all.  From the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Since Sunday, Caden has been doing great.  He has been able to keep everything he eats or drinks down!  His spunky personality is back.  He continues to improve, and although he thinks he is totally better...his body tells him otherwise.  He has ended up falling asleep by 5 or 5:30!  We went and saw the pediatrician on Tuesday, and she ordered another set of labs.   On Wednesday she called to let us know that his pancreatic enzyme levels had dropped down to 247!!! (They were nearing the 1200's when we were discharged from the hospital)  So we are so glad to see that things were finally going in the right direction. 

While we were sick...life still went on.  We spent alot of time trading off at the hospital, and trying to make sure our other 2 kiddos didn't feel neglected.  Sydney had her dance recital on Saturday (before we were in the hospital, but when Caden was still sick).  She has been taking lessons from Liz in our ward, and has been loving it!  It was so much fun to see her perform. 

Shawn, I and the 2 older kids were supposed to go to an evening showing of Annie at Broadway Palm, but it ended up being a Mommy & Syd date.  We had a great time.  Sydney really loves to sing, and loved watching the 'little' girls up there. 
On Monday (Dec. 13), Shawn worked from home so I could go in and help Sydney's class decorate gingerbread houses.  I love going to my kids classrooms.  I am thankful that I was still able to go.  We had such a fun time.
Shawn took the 2 younger ones to see our neighborhood Santa. 
Sydney had a stockpile of pictures and letters that she had written for Santa and was so excited to give them to him. 
Oh...and this is what happens when your husband dresses your kids. hahahaha

Thanks to Amazon, I was able to get most of my shopping done! I braved the crowds yesterday to get some last minute things, but I am thankful to say that we are ready! Wahoo!

I hope that your Christmas is filled with joy and no sickness!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

1 people know I LOVE comments!:

Shawnie said...

Been thinking about you guys this week. Hope all is going well.
Shawnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails