Friday, December 10, 2010

Will we find out...???

It has been kinda strange thinking about the fact that in May I am going to be a mother of 4! FOUR!  I am excited for this little one to join our family.  Sydney, is probably the most excited out of all the kids.  Even months before we decided to have another child, Sydney started asking me when I was going to give her a sister.  We all kinda laughed, and I told her I didn't know...besides the fact that we can't choose whether we have a brother or a sister. 

After I had Thomas I had a really hard time losing the weight that I had gained with him.  Usually within the year I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (although that is still a little more than where I want to be), but 18months later I still weighed exactly the same weight I did when I gave birth!  Needless to say it was a little depressing.  I was determined to lose the weight before I got pregnant again.  I did really well at first, and lost about 15-20 pounds, but still had about 5-10 that I still wanted to lose.  I kept telling myself that "Once I lost that weight...then I could get pregnant."  For months I was at a plateau, and wasn't losing or gaining any weight.  Around the summer time I started to feel like it was just 'time'...that if I waited to lose that weight...I may never do it.  One thing I knew is there was atleast one more left waiting to join our family, and I would rather he/she come earlier rather than later. 

In September we found out we were expecting.  Shawn was a little shocked, but is getting used to the idea.  Now we just get to wait.  As most of you know, with my last pregnancy we didn't find out what we were having.  I have to tell you...I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!  The problem is that it drove Shawn crazy.  The other issue that we have now is the fact that Sydney is determined that it is a girl...so if a baby brother is joining our family, our little girl is going to need some emotional prep time before the baby arrives.  So we came up with a comprimise that my cousin Lori did with her last pregnancy.  I feel it is perfect because I still get a fun 'surprise', but there is no waiting until the baby comes. Here are the details...

1.  We will be going in for our ultrasound on Monday, December 27th.  While there we will tell the tech that we don't want to know what the gender is, but to put the 'evidence' in an envelope.

2.  Said envelope will be given to my best friend Julie.  She will be the keeper of the secret by opening the envelope, and doing a little shopping for us.

3.  On the evening of the 27th...ALL Family & Friends are invited to our house at 6 pm for a potluck dinner of your favorite Soup or Salad. 

4.  After eating we will open the gift that Julie has given revealing either a BOY or GIRL outfit inside!

So mark your calendars, and let me know if you would like to come.  Really anyone is welcome...heck it is just a good excuse to get together, and catch up! 

It should be lots of fun...in the meantime I get to focus on my family, and the Christmas Season!  Still got some shopping to do!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

That is such a fun idea!! It's perfect timing too, that would most likely be my favorite Christmas gift :)
Can't wait to hear what your having!

Maranda Whittle said...

What a cute idea!! Have a fun time!

Amanda said...

I have a friend who did kind of the same thing. She had the ultrasound tech write down the gender and put it in an envelope. They put the envelope on a branch at the top of the Christmas tree and opened it on Christmas. They are expecting their 6th soon and they're doing this same thing this year! So fun! I don't have that kind of self-control. I want to know ASAP!

Congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Samantha said...

What a great idea. I am so happy for you. Four is so FUN. We are loving it over here. I hope you are feeling good for the holidays. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Tonya said...

that is such a fun idea. I had the same issue with my 4th baby. One girl and two boys but she finally got her sister! Can't wait to find out :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails