Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Caden goes to school...er Pre-school!

After a slew of events we ended up putting Caden into preschool at our local school. I was a little nervous, yet excited for Caden to go to a “real” school. Last week was his first few days of class.


I tried to get a few shots of Caden on his first day. Caden, true to form, did not want to have anything to do with it. Hopefully one day I will have pictures of him smiling on the first day of school! He really did have a good time, and was happy to be there despite what it appears in the pictures.

After a couple of days of going he informed me that he wasn’t going to school. He went on to tell me that it was “PRE-SCHOOL” not “SCHOOL, MOM!” It is funny to hear his stories each day when I pick him up. He always wants to walk to school, and we have done it a few times, but it is too dang hot here! I can't wait until it cools down!

He has had a few "incidents" at school that have made me chuckle. The other day "Miss Tiffany" had to take him out of the class for a few minutes because he started crying when Mrs. Johnston wanted them to do something. Yes, my child is strong willed, and he likes to think that everything he does has to be his idea. He got over it, and was able to have fun that day. He has to figure out that he can't always control the world!

Then yesterday he refused to stand and say the pledge! What a silly kid! He really is a good boy, but he has quite the stubborn streak in him! When he gets older I know his strong will can be a good thing, but man, it drives me crazy sometimes!

Can you believe his birthday is tomorrow!?! He will be 4! He really isn’t my baby anymore! Excuse me while I go shed a tear!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

20 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

Emily (all my kids did) goes to the "school's" pre-school. I love that because when she goes to kindergarten, it won't be a "new" place.

I'm glad your son is enjoying school. They become so independent, don't they?

Emily, too, will be four next month. Just doesn't seem possible. They grow so fast.

:)

PJ said...

He is SO handsome!

Happy Birthday to Caden!

Crazymamaof6 said...

how handsome! and you gotta love the fun things they do and say at school.

Unknown said...

What a little cutie. Too bad our kids aren't in the same class; my daughter would be all over him. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite part of the day. Listening to all their adventures at school.

Caden's going to be 4. Wow! They grow up so fast. He's getting to be a big boy now.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Fun pictures ... he is very handsome!

Sometimes I find myself wishing these little ones wouldn't grow up quite so fast.

Sarah said...

Okay - so like a month ago I got this email with a link to this cute kiddo saying the prayer - after looking at your pics and then looking at the video again - I got smart and realized it was your Caden!! Cracked me up! That email has been sent everywhere!!!

BTW - I'm so glad I got to talk with ya the other night! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with the reunion.

Melanie and Will said...

Cute pics...I think he did fine for the camera! Glad he's liking school. That's always nice. Happy early bday Caden!!

Julie said...

Glad he like school. It is so hard when they grow up.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Love the vintage Halloween background! And cool sunglasses, Caden!

Dizzy Kate said...

Crystal,

It was fun to read about Caden. He is hilarious. I crack up at his the stories you tell me. Thank you for helping me with my blog. I can't wait to come over so you can show me more. It was fun to talk to you yesterday. You are so friendly and such a sweetie.

Katie

Kylie said...

So cute---LOVE the sunglasses!!!

Supercool Mom said...

It's so hard to see them go off to school, and yet so fabulous when they're gone! However, I still love days when there is no preschool and you can just cuddle and play all day! He's sure a cutie!

Half a Dozen said...

So adorable!!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

he's such a stud! and i, too, have a child who thinks they're the mom (way too much)!

gosh, i wish we had a pre-k program here in twin falls!

Marquita said...

Hey Crystal. Jet started Pre-School last week too. He's 4 1/2. Time flies, I know!

Caden's such a stud! Ü

Rhiannon said...

That is so funny. Jersey has the same stubborn streak and it drives me nuts. I wonder where she get's it sometimes. Have a fun birthday Caden.

Anonymous said...

hi crystal:
what a sharp dressed man!
caden's strong will i bet will serve him well in his life, but for now, he gets to try your nerves :)

cute pictures, happy saturday, kathleen

Overwhelmed! said...

These are great pictures! Caden looks quite "stylin'" in his shades. :)

Hope he's enjoying preschool thus far.

kemra said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are both beautiful! I hope you guys are doing well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails