Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Dear Sweet Husband

For those of you who know Shawn in real life. You know that he does not like to shop. I think it is a combination of spending money, and going around a store that he doesn't really like. So because of this loathing...he rarely goes out to buy anything. Well, the other day I was starting to make dinner when I realized that I needed some carrots for the meal I was making.

I called Shawn on his cell phone and asked if he could stop by the store and get some for me. Then I figured since he was there he could get me a few other things that I would need. I asked him to get carrots, milk, croutons, 5 or 6 tomatoes and 1 yellow/sweet/vidalia onion (I was going to make homemade salsa & was missing those ingredients). My sweet man made his way through the store while talking to me on the phone. I listened as he asked where certain things were. I heard the woman tell him that "No that is not a yellow/sweet onion, those are green onions...the yellow/sweet onions are over there by the potatoes."

When he got home I went to open the garage only to have it practically come off its track. (We later found out Caden had manually locked the garage and when I went to open it...it made the motor go crazy, and caused the problem.) Anyway...this didn't put Shawn in the best mood. He went downstairs and starting trying to contact the "garage guy" to come help fix it.

In the meantime I thought that I would go out to the car and get the groceries that my honey had stopped to get me. As I was emptying the contents I came across this


At first I was a little perplexed. What is this? I thought to myself...I didn't ask him to get me a potato. Then I remembered the conversation that I heard when he was on the phone in the grocery store. That is when it hit me and I couldn't stop laughing. My sweet husband got me a potato instead of an onion!!! It helped to lighten the mood of our impending situation with the garage, and give me a much needed laugh. I need to get this boy out more!


He will probably kill me once he sees this on the blog...so I don't know how long it will last on here. I am in no way trying to make him look stupid, I just thought it was so funny I had to share. Also to his defense...he was in a hurry and I was talking to him on the phone. He wasn't paying the best attention to what he was doing. He really is the best husband in the world! I love you honey!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

12 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

I am seriously laughing out loud. At first I thought he'd gotten you a jicama instead of a potato, but oh my gosh, that's supposed to be an onion.

That is the funniest thing I've heard lately.

Phae-Jae said...

That is REALLY funny!

Laughter is a GREAT part of marriage, so his "opps" was worth the laughing together!

Sherri said...

That reminds me of my husband. We are often talking to each other on the phone when he's walking through the store to pick up things for me. It's ok to laugh(with them). JK There have been many times he's come home with something totally different than what I asked for.

An Ordinary Mom said...

No worries, my husband would still by at the grocery store looking for onions :) !!

Carina said...

Ha! If he gets upset just show him my husband's silverware tray.

Kim said...

I am stay with my first Bunco group. Ben said that i can be in both. They play on different days so it works out perfect.

Katie said...

That is funny!
You definitely have to come with us the next time! If we thought about it you should have just come with us the first time! Can't wait to see you at the park! Maybe sometime next week or the week after?!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

sounds like something joel would've done, except I probably wouldn't have laughed ... probably would've cried :)

Anonymous said...

hi crystal:
you are so cute when you talk about your mate.

just don't ever ask shawn to buy you tampons or pads! tee hee. can't even imagine WHAT he would bring home in place of those!! tee hee

ya made me snicker,
kathleen

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh this is too funny! and yet a huge bummer! for the ingredient issue! shoot! maybe for your dates you should go on field trips to the produce section to learn about produce. dang funny! OK I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU! we should go to lunch! you are so cute about your comments on kim and katie's blogs! thanks for making me feel so Popular!

kemra said...

This is hilarious, and totally something that my husband would do. Funny how they can complain about grocery shopping when they are by themselves. They should try it with two kids! Mine would never survive!

Dizzy Kate said...

I can't say that my husband would do this, since he is a farmer. I have to say that story is hilarious. It is sooooo Shawn. He cracks me up all the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails