Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Good and the Bad...

So I guess I will start out with bad because it is always funner to save the best for last and leave on a high note! Yesterday, when I was out and about looking at some cars...Shawn called me. He had just finished a meeting with his boss, and the V.P. over his department. To make a long story short...they told him that he couldn't take the time off for our vacation!!!!!!!!!! The maximum time they would give him is 5 days!

Cancelling the trip kinda put us in a pickle because we almost lost all of our money. We were able to work something out with our agent so we will probably only lose about $200. I guess it is better than losing the full amount. It would have been fun to go on the cruise with my sister and her family, but we will just have to plan another one some time in the future. Even though I don't see it at the moment, it is probably for the best. Now we will be taking more little short trips instead of the long cruise.

On to happier news...

As I said earlier, I looked at a few cars yesterday that I had found through Craigslist and Auto Trader. I did have my heart set on a Sienna, but if we were buying from a private owner...you take what you can get. We mainly needed a car that would seat more than 5. I wanted something fairly new because we plan on having it for a long time, and the newer the better, right.


The first car I looked at was a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. This car was a beauty. It only had 3000. The owner only had it for 6 months. It was it great condition. It was kinda weird driving it around. I have never had a car that big, but it did drive really smooth. This is what Shawn would call the "manly" car. The thing that I couldn't look past was the gas mileage, and with prices these days...enough said.


We then drove over and looked at a 2006 Honda Pilot. Again, another nice car. This one was all decked out. It had a DVD entertainment system, leather, towing package. Like I said...nice. I would really like to have leather interior because it cleans up so much easier than cloth. This car was a little bit smaller than the Tahoe, but still large enough to fit a fair amount of people.


Last we looked at a 2006 Honda Odyssey. This one also was immaculate. It only has 7500 miles, and looks like it was just driven off the lot yesterday. It also had a DVD system, and an 8th seat. I fell in love. I just like the fact that it has automatic doors. It is so much easier for the kids to get in and out of. And it just seems to have so much more room.


I went home and showed Shawn all the pictures I had taken and we talked it out. Really we could have gone home with any of these cars. They were all so well taken care of, and it was hard to really choose. The more we talked about it...the more I just felt like the Odyssey was a better fit for me. So we called them up and negotiated a deal.

This afternoon we drove over and picked up our car!!! I still can't believe that we have a van...let alone an Odyssey. I had fallen for the Toyota Sienna because it was more affordable, but had always liked the Honda's. (My sister actually has an 2001) I am very happy! I can't wait to drive it some more! It all happened so quick, that I can almost not believe that it happened. Who would have thought we would find a car that we liked so soon! My hubby is so fantastic to go along with this for me. I know how hard it can be for him sometimes to spend, but I think this is a great deal, and a great car! I love you honey, Thank You!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

7 people know I LOVE comments!:

Unknown said...

Hurray! Good for you on the car but soooo sad about the cruise. Especially when it could have been avoided. Here's for hoping another opportunity comes in the near future!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am so sorry about your vacation cruise, but WOW! That car purchase was fast and I guarantee you will love your new Odyssey :) !! My brother and his wife recently bought a brand new 2006 and they love it. I am with you, though, I go for the used thing when I can.

Carina said...

I'm sorry to hear about your trip, but congrats on getting your new vehicle! I can't wait until we can get something different than what I'm driving right now. It'll be a while, though, unless something bad happens to destroy this one. I like your choice!

Half a Dozen said...

Sorry to hear about the trip. That is a bummer, hopefully you will be able to do it some other time.

About the car- we have a 2006 Odyssey, and LOVE it! When we did our car shopping at least in our area the Odyssey was cheaper than the Sienna for what we needed.

Phae-Jae said...

Congrats on the new ride! Great choice.

Sorry about the cruise!!!
You have a good outlook.

Unknown said...

We have a Toyota Sienna and really enjoy it, although it's a bit of a gas hog (and I'm one of those nutty environmentalists who was absolutely sick at the sight of a Hummer in our little college town!). We're paying $1.89 here - thank goodness I rarely drive. I would LOVE to have a prius, but they're a tad small for my brood.

Unknown said...

When I was filling up the van today, I thought to myself, I think I mistakenly told Crystal that our gas was $1.89. I think it was that low here about 5 years ago! And can you believe that when I was first learning how to drive, gas was 98 cents??!!

I thought I saw that Toyota was supposed to be coming out with a more eco-friendly van. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails