Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Poor Little Baby!

When Caden woke up this morning he came in a little groggy. I figured that he was still tired, and just needed to cuddle for a little bit. I picked him up and put him in my lap. For some reason Sydney thinks that she has exclusive claim to my lap. She feels the need to scream, fall to the ground and cry incessantly whenever someone else has landed there. As I am trying to comfort her, yet still have Caden in my lap...Caden proceeds to throw up all over me! I run quickly to the bathroom to try to get some of what is left into the toilet.


Luckily the boy didn't have much in there. Last night I made the DELICIOUS Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe that I stole from An Ordinary Mom. Caden has always had this thing with rice...he doesn't like it. Whenever I make anything that has it in it he either doesn't eat it at all or eats very little. Last night he didn't really eat it. We have a rule at our house...I don't make special meals just because you don't like what is served. (Yes, I am such a nice Mommy) So when Caden threw up, it was pretty much water.

The poor kid was having such a hard time. He has never really thrown up a whole lot before, and he was miserable. He, of course, didn't want breakfast, and just looked utterly exhausted. He curled up and fell asleep on the couch! When he woke up he was drenched in sweat. He doesn't seem to have a temp, but we are keeping our eye out for it. I finally got some food in him, and now I am crossing my fingers that he is able to keep it down.

I have no idea what could have made him throw up. I hope that it doesn't last long, and also hope that it is not contagious! I don't want to be throwing up, and I don't want to deal with Sydney being sick either! Wish me Luck!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

3 people know I LOVE comments!:

An Ordinary Mom said...

That Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe is grand ... I just ate it tonight :)!!

I hope your little guy gets better soon and that no one else gets sick.. Sending you lots of luck!

Carina said...

I am so sorry! That is one of my nightmares. Waking up to find out my child is sick. So far we've been very blessed. Only one stomach bug for the three year old, and none for the 1 1/2 year old.

I'll be praying for you all. And for your car decision coming up. Thanks for you kind post, btw. =)

Anonymous said...

I hope he's feeling better by now. I bet that was some mess you had to clean up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails