Friday, February 6, 2009

Treasured moments

Photo courtesy of Sunshine and Shade Photography
Every day I drive Caden to school.

Everyday he tells me he is "a big boy" and wants to walk to class by himself.

Usually when we get there, there are other kids from his class arriving.

He will get out of the car and then wait for them so they can all walk together.

Today was no different.

He got out and waited.

The next thing I knew I saw him walking towards the car.

He came to the window.

I rolled it down.
He looked at me and said..."You FORGOT!"

Me: Really, what? (even though I knew what he was going to say)

Caden: My kiss!!!

He then raced around the car and planted one on my lips.

Just as quickly, he was by his friends side walking to class.

I will treasure these moments as much as I can.

Too soon he won't want to 'say goodbye'

The growing up part of parenting just happens too fast.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

9 people know I LOVE comments!:

Patrice said...

Oh, I am so glad you treasure it!! I love it when my kids are affectionate.

tammy said...

So sweet! And you're right, time does go by too fast.

Samantha said...

That is adorable. I love how little boys want to be "big" but at the same time want their mom. I just wish they could stay this way for a while longer before they grow up.

Davis said...

That is too cute. I can't wait for those moments!

Schatz said...

that just makes me want to cry...how sweet. and boy does he look like your Shawn -handsome guys you have. oh but syd is so pretty like her momma!

Unknown said...

And I have to say I agree...it DOES happen way too fast! That is the sweetest thing ever...you are right, that too soon he will be embarrassed to do that in front of his friends. What a sweet kid... :)

Rosie said...

Very true! we MUST make ourselves enjoy these moments. They disappear while we are doing laundry and dishes!

A sweet picture also!

Tonya said...

that is so sweet! I never want my kids to stop kissing me :)

Candice said...

That is the sweetest story! I'm glad you blogged about it, cuz then you can read it years later and remember the moment! Don't kids just melt your heart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails