Friday, May 8, 2009

Hosting BUNKO

I joined a BUNKO group about a year ago. It has been so much fun going and hanging out with these girls once a month. When I joined, the month I was supposed to host was the following month so I was given a break. My turn finally came up a year later...and gosh it was a little nerve wrecking.
First I had to figure out what I was going to make. Month after month I would go, and have the yummiest of foods (they were yummy, but think things are even yummier when you don't have to cook them). After much thought I decided to 'steal' Amanda's recipe for the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork salad (I hope you don't mind Amanda). YUMMO! While I was in Utah, I was able to get some shopping done for Bunko, and the rest I got at Hobby Lobby. In our group everyone contributes 12 dollars each. That money goes towards our prizes. You buy things with specific price points, but the 1st person who picks their prize doesn't have to have the most expensive thing. We even have door prizes that are worth $5 so no one leaves empty handed. Most of the time we try to get home decor stuff...so that what I planned for. I barely do any shopping for myself let alone someone else. I bought things that I would have liked to win. I laughed out loud when I saw this sign. These were the door prizes. They were normally $10, but I got them for $5. Woo Hoo!After we are done playing we all tend to hang out and talk. This time we were given lessons on how to curl your hair with a flat iron. I know I am a little behind on the game when it comes to styling, but I find it amazing how the flat iron curls your hair. One of these days I will have to try it on Sydney. It was a bit stressful being the host. I fretted over what to make, and what to buy. I didn't want people leaving thinking...man that sucked. I hope everyone had a good time. I know I did, but I am thankful I won't have to do it again for another year!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

1 people know I LOVE comments!:

sherry said...

And next time you won't stress so much. It was awesome, and the food was fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails