Thursday, March 12, 2009

DL Highlights

I know it probably seems like we live at Disneyland as of late, but what can you do when you have free flight privileges and Annual Passes??!! Our sister-in-law goes to DL every year the last week of February. We decided to join in the fun halfway through their week, and went from Wednesday to Saturday. The highlights of our adventure.

1. Forgetting our annual passes and having to go to the ticket booth EVERYDAY to get a 'courtesy pass' to enter the park!
2. Loving have a group of 20 people! Which meant we filled an ENTIRE boat on Pirates & It's a Small World. It also meant that Shawn and I got to go on rides TOGETHER!3. The kids loved playing with the cousins. It was nice not to have to be the ones always entertaining them while in line.
4. Lots of other kids also meant LOTS of peer pressure! We FINALLY got Caden to go on Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain Railroad...and he loved them. (We knew he would, but just needed that extra push! Thanks kids!)
5. More adults also allowed us to sneak away for a little anniversary lunch...can you guess where we went? The Monte Cristo sandwich was to DIE for!!!
6. We lost Caden for a little bit one morning while having to wait in line for our courtesy passes! Luckily he was fine, and the security lady knew everything about our family by the time Shawn found him.
7. Sarah saved Shawn's behind by getting an extra switch pass by explaining to a cast member that he took off to another ride while we were waiting in line because he thought we would be there 'forever'...only to have everyone go on the ride and get off the ride before he got back!!! (one day he will learn to be patient and just enjoy the moment!!!)
8. The kids finally joined in on the Pin trading. They loved stopping every cast member and trading for new pins. It will be fun for them to do each time we go back and visit. Sarah was kind enough to give Caden and Sydney cell phone pins (Syd got a Tink, and Caden a Mickey). Thanks Sarah!
9. Returning the favor to Tori and Traci and took care of their kids while they rescued Sarah because of an energy drink gone bad! (Note to self...do not consume an energy drink on an empty stomach, and try to drive) It turned out okay because that meant Sarah and the kids spent an extra day with us!
10. Having an adventure in itself with the TSA in the Orange County Airport. Seriously...where is the consistency!!!??? (A story for another day)
Overall we had a blast...as is what to expect at the 'Happiest Place on Earth'!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

11 people know I LOVE comments!:

KellyAnn said...

So Fun!! I have got to take my kids there. Poor deprived children!

Patrice said...

Oh, it's been too long! I better plan a trip.

Kim said...

LUCKY!!!

onehm said...

SO MUCH FUN! I am so jealous of your anniversary lunch...we still haven't eaten there! Someday...

Stoddard's said...

lucky you, isn't that 2 times now this year? :) yes a gno would be fun.

Davis said...

That is so nice that you get to go so often. I can't wait until I have children and we get to take them to the happiest place on earth. I love Disneyland!!!

Two little lovebirds said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE the monte cristo sandwich. I had it when I was like 10 and still remember it lol. It's so nice that you guys are able to do that. We are planning on going next year. This year is SeaWorld and Legoland. I think they are a bit more appropriate for my itty bitty's!

Tori said...

We had such a good time!! LOVE being with the family;)

Schatz said...

So sorry about the TSA!

By the way, did you cry when Caden was lost, or did you feel that it would be OK? Were you freaking out?

Lastly, how does that pin trading thing work? I saw people with all those pins everywhere, but hadn't a clue what was going on....seemed like a collection of some sort...tell me about it!!

Kristin said...

Isn't it sad that after reading all about your fun trip, all I can think about is what you TSA experience was?? Maybe I work too much.....

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go back!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails