Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

Our spring break was pretty low key. Since we had just gone to Disneyland a few weeks prior we just decided to hang out at home. On Saturday, Caden had his last T-ball game. A few of the adjoining neighborhoods had pooled together, and formed a t-ball team. Caden had a fun time, and it cost a whole lot less than a regular league.

This sweet girl organized a little St. Patrick's Day party for the kids. She made flyers, and passed them out to the community. She had party favors, and planned games. The kids had so much fun, and it was cute to see everyone in their green.Later that day, my best friend had a surprise party. Julie was turning 30 on Thursday so Robbie tricked her by having the party a few days early. It was a hawaiian luau in the Brinton's backyard. Julie is one of the sweetest persons one can have in their life. I feel very blessed to have her as a friend. I hope her birthday was a fabulous as she is. Jules was totally decked out for the holiday...even down to her toes! :) Wednesday we usually have our weekly McDonald's playdate, but Caden woke up with pink eye :( That ended up putting a hamper on things, but we tried to make the best of it. The kids had thier own 'friends' over.
Friday we went to the New/Remodeled Dollar (or should I say $2) Theatre and watched It was a really cute show, and the kids enjoyed it. NTS...do not try to do that with Thomas again. Also remember to bring CASH as the new managment is stuck in the dark ages and do not accept credit cards! What????

Saturday was spent unpacking a few more boxes (yes I still have some things I haven't unpacked yet). Then while we were doing a round up of toys and getting ready to tackle the play/bedroom there was a knock at the door.

It was my SIL and some friends dropping by to steal me away for a couple of hours! We ate at Olive Garden, and then had a late night trip to Walmart. While at Walmart, Sarah acquired this... I have to say it looks amazing. :)
It was a nice ending to my week...thanks for 'stealing' me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

6 people know I LOVE comments!:

Patrice said...

Just shows you can have lots of fun close to home!

Emy5 said...

Looks like a fun Spring Break :D

If anyone can look good in a green wig it's your SIL and those toenails, wow!

Dizzy Kate said...

We have two week spring break, and I still can't believe how fast it has flown. It looks like you had a blast. I love Julie's toes. How cute. We need to get together sometime. It was fun looking at your blog and seeing all the fun things you guys have been up to.

Alleman Family said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to call you! It was a busy weekend full of lots of family! I hope to come down again soon and when I do I'll call you FOR SURE!! :)

Schatz said...

how nice....now I want to come and steal you away too!

Two little lovebirds said...

I have been slacking on leaving comments lately! I agree, we need to take Julie out! She wants to go out next week. I'm free except for mutual on wednesdays. So lets talk to her and plan something k!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails