Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Picture this...

I know I need to finish up our trip, but just had to share what happened today.

Every Wednesday a few of my friends get together for lunch at McDonald's (yes, not my fav place to eat, but the kids get to play.) Today was no different. Around noon we met up at and were enjoying each others company.

These days, Thomas is very adventurous. He is climbing on everything, and trys to keep up with the big kids. Unfortunately it didn't work out for him today. The poor little guy fell and gave himself a big fat lip.

I ran over to pick him up, and was busy with a screaming child. Melanie had gone to the counter to get some ice, and I was trying to do what I could to help stop the bleeding. The next thing I knew Caden was at the table oblivious to the fact that Thomas was hurt.

Caden: Hey mom, I want to get some ice cream.

Me: Umm, not right now Caden! Can you please go fill this cup up with some lemonade (I thought, if anything, the cold drink would help keep the swelling down.)

He grabs the cup and walks away....only moments later he is back.

Caden: I can't do it Mom.

Me: Caden, it really isn't that hard....all you have to do is ask the guy at the counter. (I am still trying to figure out why they don't have self service fountains there)

Caden: I don't want them to see me naked!!

Me: What????????

My eyes pan down to see him grabbing his shirt, and trying to pull it down!!! My kid is standing in the middle of McDonalds with no pants on!! How in the world did this happen??? This particular McD's doesn't have a bathroom in the kids area so that means he walked through the WHOLE place showing his junk, and then proceeded to have a normal conversation with me about how he wanted ice cream!!!

I immediately take him back to the bathroom...all the while laughing my head off. Apparently he was 'waiting for me for such a long time'. We have been working on the whole wiping aspect of the lovely potty time, and he is still having a hard time. He likes me to 'check' to make sure he got it all. The only problem is that he didn't even tell me he was going to bathroom!

The poor kid got himself dressed, and came out and said "That was NOT funny!"

Sorry Caden, it was HILARIOUS!

To top it off...we had a talk about it later. We talked about how it is important to be more modest, and not to let other people see your 'private parts'. The kid still felt totally justified in walking around with no pants on!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

16 people know I LOVE comments!:

Carina said...

That is exactly the kind of thing Zaya does! When do they learn to wipe themselves! Or modesty!

Patrice said...

Lol. So, who was the oblivous one? That was way too funny!

Melanie and Will said...

LOL....I am still laughing HYSTERICALLY about this!!!! Especially after reading it. OMG....CLASSIC!!!!!!! I'm so glad Caden could give us a good laugh!!!!!

Samantha said...

That was hilarious. Both Jonathan and I laughed so hard. Children are so funny.

Crazymamaof6 said...

totally too funny!

stacy said...

i am DYING right now...that is hilarious! and i love that you call it junk because people in AZ just don't call it that. it's a total CA thing, funny!

tammy said...

Oh.my.gosh! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Elisa B said...

This made me LOL when I saw your status on FB! This entry will be a classic!!

Kristin said...

That is too funny!! Definately one to remember later!

Devan and Robyn said...

Fantastic. I love to hear stories like that. It takes me back to when my boys were younger!! Thanks for sharing... hope Thomas is o.k.

sherry said...

It made me laugh and laugh that day. You had to be there to get the whole concept. I remember thinking, "how can he talk about wanting ice cream while his baby brother is hurt and crying?" WHen not only was he talking about ice cream, he was stark naked and talking about ice cream! Ahhh- the priorities of a five year old!

Michelle Randall said...

He Crystal-
I would love to make you some necklaces if you want. The are $15. email me at randalls51502@yahoo.com if you have questions or want something. Thanks! hope all is well with you and your family! :)

Alleman Family said...

That is too funny. I'm so not looking forward to the day that happens to me... Becuase it WILL happen... I'm sure of it! :)

Marquita said...

That's hilarious! You gotta love kids. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Happy "Early" Birthday to you! My brother, Jimmie, is getting married on your birthday so I probably won't have a spare minute to wish you happy birthday! I hope you have fun!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

That's a blackmail story to use later with girls...so funny!!

Schatz said...

I am sitting here laughing my head off!!! that was so funny! Thanks for sharing, this made my day...if for no other reason, just to know that your kids do crazy things too... ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails