Sunday, May 25, 2008

The 52 Blessing Project - Week 21

The 52 Blessings Project
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Twenty One
Since I have had Thomas....getting to the grocery store with 3 kids in tow has not been on my priority list. I seem to wait until we are down to the bare minimums before I brave the shopping experience. I finally got out the last couple of days (without the kids - thanks hun!), and got the ingredients I needed for the next couple of weeks. Last night I was sitting at the dinner table. I had already finished my meal (as usual), but the kids were still eating. As I watched them eating their Ham & Cheddar in a Loaf, salad, and grapes...I began to think about how blessed we are to have grocery stores.

Someday I hope to have a garden where I can grow my own fruits and vegetables. Until that happens, I am so thankful to be able to go to a store where everything I need (and sometimes don't) is just an aisle away.
If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

20 people know I LOVE comments!:

Jamie said...

I agree they are a blessing and for me it's double because that is one of the only places I can regurlarly go w/out kids. Yep it is John and he is jenn's brother.

Carina said...

I wish we had a grocery store in our town. There's one only 15 miles away, though, so it could be a lot worse. At least we get to use a car instead of a horse and buggy!

tammy said...

Oh yeah, where would we be without them? And I am so thankful they're coming closer to me so I can run for last minute things instead of driving forever to get there. And yay that you got to visit one alone!

Tonya said...

I totally agree about stores! Some countries have stores but don't have nearly as many choices of products.

Pam said...

Love it...Grocery stores are a wonderful blessing. Another thing I don't think I could do without.

Staci said...

Grocery stores are the greatest...even if they aren't very fun with kids! I can't imagine going with 3...I can barely go with 1!

I am going to have to try that Ham & Cheese Recipe...looks good & easy!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I totally agree! Great blessing. We are planning to get a garden planted..... thankfully it is raining, good for the area, not so good for getting out and planting, though!

raising4boys said...

Great blessing!! I don't think I would do so great relying on a garden.

P.S. I remember being terrified of taking 3 to the store too.

Tawni said...

I sooo agree with this one!

Unknown said...

I completely agree. You know I would rather go hungary then take my kids to go grocrey shopping. It turns out to be a disaster every time.

Emy5 said...

I love the grocery store (when I an on my own.) We are so lucky to have all the commodities and choice. Great blessing!

Holly Janeen said...

like i have said before, THIS RECIPE LOAF THING WAS AWESOME!!! Jeff and I made it and ate it and LOVED IT! in fact... i think next week we will have it again :)

KellyAnn said...

You know what is funny, I love grocery stores too. We are part owners of one so I guess we have to love it!!

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so glad we have several grocery stores right by us!! I couldn't imagine if i had to go far away for food or worse...grow ALL my own food! I would love to have a little garden to play around with, but not have to rely on it completely just to eat! I'm not very good with little growing plants!

BTW - I just blogged about YOU!!
http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-was-so-surprised.html

Rachael said...

ya we were just talking about that the other day how it would totally stink if we didnt have grocery stores and how blessed we are to have them

Rachael said...

ya we were just talking about that the other day how it would totally stink if we didnt have grocery stores and how blessed we are to have them

Rachael said...

sorry i accidentally posted that other comment twice

Timid Scorpion said...

I have a new thing I am trying. It's an online health store, they have snack foods, Cleaning supplies which are all non toixc and biodegradeable, and other items. I order online and have the things I need in about 2-3 days. I still go to the store but now I have a few less things I have to hall home.. With Andy away and getting to and from the store with my two plus my mom in a wheel chair it's some times not fun to go shopping..

Julie said...

I totally agree. We are all so spoiled and forget that sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

its funny the things that we take for granted. that is a great blessing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails