Wednesday, May 14, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week 15, 16, 17, 18, & 19!!!

I know it appears that I have abandoned this blog...not a post in weeks!!! I just have been pretty busy. Then when I get a free moment...I just haven't felt like blogging. I have also fallen behind on reading/commenting on all of your fun blogs! I think I am going to have to clear out my Bloglines feeds, and start from scratch. Hopefully I can start to comment more.

I did actually take the time to change my header. Some people have said that my blog takes forever to load, and sometimes makes their computer freeze up. Does that happen to YOU? Does it load faster now? I didn't use any papers, and just uploaded the header...so hopefully those of you who have had problems in the past...won't anymore.

Anyway! I am WAY behind on my 52 blessings, so I thought I would catch up. I have been noting what my blessings are, so forgive the marathon post.

The 52 Blessings Project
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Fifteen

I don't know what on earth I would do without disposable diapers! Having a newborn, as many of you know, you tend to go through tons of diapers each day. I can't imagine having to wash out cloth diapers, and clean them. It probably isn't the best for the environment, but I am so thankful that all I have to do is throw it away! Then I have a fresh new one to put on my little one. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Week Sixteen
It is amazing how much technology has changed in the last 5 years. Right before Caden was born we purchased our first digital camera. We had that camera for about 4 years, and then in the past year we got another one. I love having a little camera that I can tote around with me, and get candid shots of whatever we are enjoying. I love that I get to see the shot instantly. I love being able to organize them on my computer. Digital photo's rock!

Week Seventeen
I don't have the state of the art front loading washer and dryer that I would LOVE to have, but at least I HAVE one! Laundry is definitely not my favorite things to do, but I am so thankful to have machines that do the hard work for me. It is already such a time consuming task. I can not even fathom how much time it would take me if I had to do it all by hand! It is such a blessing to be able to have such a wonderful invention!

Week Eighteen
A week ago, we were able to bless our sweet little Thomas. I never cease to be brought to tears as I watch my husband take our baby in his arms. Then he along with close family and friends surround this new spirit and give him a name and a blessing. I am so thankful for the priesthood. Knowing that my husband can lay his hands on me and our children, and give us blessings from our Father in heaven. It really is a humbling experience. Having the power of the priesthood in my life is such a wonderful blessing.

Week Nineteen
This week I am thankful for the blessing of being a mother of 3 absolutely beautiful children. (Not the best photo of them, but one of the only ones of them all together! I will have to get another one later)There are days that are harder than others, but I wouldn't give up this blessing for anything in the world! My children teach me so much, and I love them with all my mind, heart, and soul. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has trusted me to take care of these precious little kids.

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

9 people know I LOVE comments!:

Heather said...

Hooray! A post! I have never had any problems with your page loading. Wonderful blessings to be grateful for, and don't feel bad for skimping on the blogging, what is more important? FAMILY!

Jenifer said...

Good to have you back! I've never had a problem with you loading on my computer. Thomas is so cute!

sherry said...

Welcome back! I haven't talked to you in a long time and you live just a few houses down! Thomas is getting so big! FYI- laundering cloth diapers is not much better for the environment, so don't feel bad. Your blog still totally freezes up. I don't know why. No one else's does. Have you had Shawn look at it?

Tonya said...

Your new header is super cute! I never had trouble loading the old one though. I love the picture of you holding the baby. You look great! I totally understand about reading/commenting with a new born.

Carina said...

We'll all still be here, so take the time off that you need.

Your new header is supercute. =)

Kristin said...

Never had problems with your blog except that it's occasionally slow, but that could be the 50 million things I'm trying to do at the same time on my computer, so I wouldn't take it personally. ;) Thomas is so cute!! (BTW counting didn't work out in my favor..at least now I know what to do!)

raising4boys said...

All great blessings. I know I take disposable diapers for granted. I do remember my own mom washing and folding the cloth ones though.

Sweet baby blessing and children. :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Your baby is darling. I just went through a time where I didn't feel like blogging either so don't feel bad. I love all your blessings and it was kind of fun to read them all in a row like that. I am thankful for all those things too - who wouldn't be!!!!! Have a great week and enjoy that sweet baby!

Andrea said...

I've never had a problem opening your blog. It loads fine for me. By the way, LOVE your new header!! SO CUTE!!

LOVE all your Blessing posts!! Excellent blessings to count!!

Good seeing you at bunko again! Isn't it so FUN?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails