Sunday, May 18, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week 20

The 52 Blessings Project
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week Twenty
This week I am very thankful for my job. Some of you may not be aware, but I am actually employed as a flight attendant...I just don't really work (I know that sounds silly--and maybe even lazy). I went through training when Shawn and I were only married for about 5 months just so I could have the privileges that I have now.

In August, I will have been with them for 8 whole years! It hasn't been the easiest road. Training was for 5 weeks in Dallas (up until that point...Shawn and I hadn't been apart at all!). While I was in training I missed my best friend's wedding...something I still feel so awful about. Then for the first 6 months I was based in Baltimore. That meant that I would have to fly from PHX to BWI before I could even start my trip. Needless to say it sucked. I had to make alot of sacrifices. Yet in the end...it really has paid off.

Since I have had Caden, I have only had to go 2 overnights...one that I actually chose to go on. They have no minimums, so all I have to do is trade down or give away my trips. I don't get paid, but it allows me to stay home with my children...and we still get flight benefits! It really has been such a blessing. It is so wonderful to know that I have something to fall back on if something were to happen to Shawn or his job. I continue to get raises and gain seniority...but don't have to work very much. They are a great company, and I hope that I am able to stay there forever. Then when my kids are a bit older I will be able to work a little bit more...if I choose. But for right now it is nice to be able to stay home, and watch my children grow. I feel so blessed to have such a great job.

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

8 people know I LOVE comments!:

Carina said...

When we were in Chicago recently we shared a shuttle ride to the hotel with a flight crew. Pilot, co-pilot and three attendants. They were really funny and it was so interesting to get a little insight into their jobs.

Kristin said...

I Love my job too...usually! If you haven't, look at my screen to see my weekend :) Jaron & ALL my boys went to father & sons this weekend too. They didn't have such a fun trip as your boys...check my blog for that one!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow sounds like a fab job! and smart to think ahead! love your new blog look!

tammy said...

Southwest is the best place to work, I agree! Maybe one day when you actually do go to work, you'll work a flight with my hubby. Then you can tell me if he behaves himself ; )

Elisa B said...

I'm going to comment on a few things from your most recent blogs all in one comment

I sooo know what you mean about SWA! I've worked only about 7 days since the wedding...and I have no kids! But I agree...the flexibiliy of this job in a great blessing! I'm looking forward to it once we start our family.

Your page loads MUCH faster for me now. Thanks for the changes you made!

Your little ones are so fricking adorable! I know I've told you that before. SOme of the pictures Caden took are actually really good! It's a different perspective!

Emy5 said...

That is a win/win situation.
What a great job.

raising4boys said...

Great blessing. Don't have to work unless you want to.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Well, that's my kind of job-- work as I want! That sounds like a super blessing!
Thanks for always dropping by and leaving a good comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails