Monday, July 23, 2007

Overnight!

Yes, this past weekend I went on my first 'real' overnight since I gave birth to Caden almost 4 years ago. I say first 'real' one because I was forced on a overnight when Caden was about 9 months old...I had traded my trip down to a turn (a trip that goes out and back within the same day), but they overflew me. Anyway, I wasn't able to get rid of this trip...plus I secretly wanted to keep it...so I had to work it. I know Shawn would have liked to have me home for the weekend, but it was a great little break. Besides the break, I also got to meet Cricket of Fantastic Five and her family!

Shawn joked that that was the only reason that I wanted to work the trip...just so I could meet one of my bloggin buddies in person. That was something I was looking forward to, but I just thought it would be nice to 'get away' for a night. I also thought it would be fun for Shawn to be able to spend some time alone with the kids.

The trip wasn't the easiest one in the world, but I worked with a great crew. In my industry, there is rarely a time that you work with someone you know. There are over 1500 flight attendants based in PHX, and I could probably count on my hands the number of flight attendants that I have flown with more than once. With that in mind...you never know if you are going to get along with your crew. I have to say that even though it was only a 2 day trip...I loved my crew. Lena was absolutely so fun to talk with, and Tonya kept us laughing with her giddyness from her new relationship. I would have loved to have dinner with them that night, but I was lucky enough to have Cricket come and pick me up to have dinner with her family.

Shawn finds it kinda strange that I read complete strangers blogs. I guess it can seem strange, and sometimes I find myself wondering why I am so interested in a strangers life...but I am. I actually have quite a few 'blogging buddies'. I have no idea how I found their blogs, but I have, and am drawn in by stories about their families. It makes me feel like I really know them, and would love to meet them all in person someday. So I was so excited when I was going to have an overnight in Cricket's town. I left a comment on her blog asking if she would like to meet...I felt like a kid again....hoping she would say yes. When she responded that she would love to...I was so excited.

Our plane was running late so we got in later than we had planned, but we were still able to meet up. We decided that we would eat at the Golden Corral. With her 3 kiddos it is easier to go to a place where they can choose what they want to eat. The food was actually really good, and I had a fabulous time.

I have to say that I was a little nervous at first. You never know if the person will be the same in real life as you picture them...but I was soon put at ease before we even left the hotel parking lot. Our conversation just seemed to flow. I felt like I was meeting up with an old friend. Emma, Brigham & Reed were as cute as can be. It didn't take long for them to try to get me to do things for them...you would have never known that they had just met me. In fact, when it was time to leave Brigham asked his mom if I could come spend the night.
The Doc had drove the kids in a separate car so Cricket was able to bring me back to my hotel. We ended up sitting in the lobby and chatting until a little after 10:30 pm. She is such a doll, and I am so thankful that I was able to spend some time with her. Hopefully, someday we can meet up with the whole family. Her Brigham and Reed are about the same age as Caden and Sydney. I think they would have a blast together.
It was a really nice refresher to work a full trip. I actually think that I may want to do it more often...not too much, but maybe once per quarter. I think it is a great break for me and the kids get to have some great 'Daddy' time. Shawn was a trooper, and did lots of fun stuff with them. He even helped pick up the house, and arranged a sitter for us so we could go on a date when I got home. I really do love my honey. He is fantastic!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

4 people know I LOVE comments!:

Heather said...

I too read complete stranger's blogs and feel like I KNOW them. My hubby asked the other night if they know I am "stalking" them. Well, at least I am not the only blog stalker :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

Heather and you are definitely not the only blog stalkers :) !! How fun that you got to meet "Cricket." We have known each other now for nearly 4 years. My little girl and Emma play very together.

Are you flying my direction anytime soon :) ?!?

Half a Dozen said...

Hehehe! It was so much fun to meet you. Like you said it was like we had always hung together. We really clicked. I think our boys would get along really well.

You are welcome to see us anytime you are out our way.

Anonymous said...

hi crystal: i can totally understand how you like reading these blogs because i sure do, too! very cute post. way neat that you got to meet one of your favorite bloggy buddies. so awesome how you both clicked in person, too, just like you'd known each other forever. that is extra special to have that click connection with certain others. oh yeah and totally beautiful pics! if you ever come to anchorage alaska, i would love to see you, too. i thought that was endearing how you wrote you felt like a little kid when you asked her if she'd like to meet while you were there. adorable. ~blessings, kathleen :)

ps. come and see my post from tonight if you get a chance. it is a precious moment with a primary child. awwh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails