Friday, July 13, 2007

Cookies!

With swim lessons and other summer activities the kid swapping hasn’t been as regular as usual. This Friday I had the Olson clan for about 3 hours. We had a lot of fun today. When they first got here we just played a bit. Then we decided to watch the movie “Everyone’s Hero” (Which is a really cute movie). We pretended to be at a movie theatre, and had popcorn.

Later the kids got hungry. They sat at the table and drew pictures while I cooked some Dino chicken nuggets (thanks Costco!) & apples. While they were eating I thought that it would be a fun treat to make cookies together. So afterwards, the kids helped me put in the ingredients for Peanut Butter cookies.

It was one of the funnest things ever. I gave them each their own fork, and they all took turns criss-crossing the cookies. It was something simple, but the kids loved it. The best thing was eating our masterpieces!

Now I have to think up some more fun activities for us to do in the future! Any ideas?

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

3 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I don’t know if you’re familiar with Maya & Miguel, a show on PBS in the afternoons -- http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel -- that emphasizes cultural diversity and language learning but I’m reaching out to talk to parents about the program as part of a marketing project I’m working on with Scholastic.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at mark@boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

Many Thanks,
Mark Steidler
BoldMouth

K said...

my kids LOVE you!!! (especially mallory!)and you house and the many many many fun things they do there!!! thank you so so so much for going above and beyond the call of duty!

K said...

just watched the video after my last comment... CUTE CUTE CUTE... ok, they are my kids... but they are CUTE... and caden in his cape! LOVE IT!! thanks for all you do for me and my kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails