Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday - My Garage 'porch'

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

For my regular readers (all 10 of you :) maybe there are more -don't be afraid to comment!) when I wrote my post about my Unfinished Projects...I wasn't trying to beat myself up. Yes, it was kinda depressing, but I know that sometimes some things are more important than finishing things. It was nice to know that I am not alone in this department! More than anything I wrote it so that it could motivate me to do some of these and it worked!!

I started with my garage 'porch'. I call it that because I don't know what else to call it. It is a 2 or 3 foot slab directly out our garage door. It seemed to grow a life of its own over time. Everything and anything landed there and never moved.

Everytime I left my house I was reminded of this disaster. Everytime I swore to myself that I would clean it....but the mess stayed, and continued to get bigger. So even though it was smoldering outside - over 100 degrees, I tackled it!

The kids and I faced the heat and cleaned this space up in no time. I find it funny that I will put things off because I think it will take forever to do...only to find out that it really didn't take much at all.

Now it is so nice to walk out to my garage, and see how clean it is. The real question is...will it stay that way! Now I am off to work on more of my Unfinished Projects! Wish me luck! If you would like to see some other "Tackles" head over to 5 Minutes For Mom.



Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

9 people know I LOVE comments!:

jennyr said...

ohh u should see my garage...it's horrible compared to ur before pics! Your after pics looks amazing! well done! adorable kids too!

Candace said...

My garage is also a wreck! Maybe one day we will get to it. Yours looks fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

We have a little spot like that in our garage too. I keep telling myself, whenever I don't have one kid or the other literally hanging on me (like now) I will actually have the time to put something away properly. Great job!

Rosie said...

The Messies are a constant in this life. Why do we cause ourselves more misery by thinking that LATER will be better.
I am trying, trying, trying to use the DO IT NOW! principle. I have actually timed how long it takes to put things away in my house. I have a big rambler with a full basement. It takes less than 3 minutes to go anywhere in my house. That is crazy to think that we cause ourselves such anquish by waiting until later.

Good job on the garage! Now really look at the source of the messes in there. Is there a system that could be put in place that would help? Perhaps more hooks and cubbies with very specific labels? I know that when I label things it helps. Helmets, coat racks. The old saying-a place for everything and everything in it's place!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Great job! I find Tackle it tuesday the best motivation to get my list unfinished projects done.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great job! We had a lil place like that in our old garage. My kids called it a "Stage" ! lol

Linda

Heather said...

Hooray Crystal, you did it! I think we all have a nasty garage "porch". Yours now looks so inviting and I am now inspired to tidy up my own. Good work!

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky. I don't have a garage!

Kim said...

That looks good. I can't believe you tackled this in the heat! What were you thinking? You are a better sport then i am.

Related Posts with Thumbnails