Monday, July 23, 2007

Parlez-vous le français?

The craziest thing has happened! Shawn called me last Monday from work, and asked if we would like to go to France!!! His company needs to send him to France to get trained on a product that they have. His company was actually originally based in Europe, and over the past few years have come to the states. Nobody here knows this product so Shawn is going out there to learn it.

Now here is the shocker! We are leaving on Thursday!!! I don't think I even believe it yet. I am excited. We will be there for a little over two weeks. We are going to be in a little town called Annecy. It is in the bottom of the French Alps. It is actually about a 5 hour car drive or 3 hour train ride to Paris. I am trying to convince Shawn that we will have to visit Paris, but we will see. The pictures of the area are absolutley stunning.

The only thing I am dreading is the plane ride. If we can survive that...we will be fine. Luckily my kids are seasoned travelers, but going across the ocean is going to take FOREVER! If you have any ideas...let me know!
*I also have gone post crazy today...trying to catch up on the past weekend...so scroll down I have a few new posts!*

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

11 people know I LOVE comments!:

Unknown said...

How absolutely AWESOME for you!!

Of course, the rest of us expect full details :-)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm so jealous!

Heather said...

Lucky girl! Especially taking your kids. How long is the flight? Bring lots of things to occupy yourself and the kiddos. Going over it's going to be light the entire time so sleep may elude you. You are going to have a blast! Au revoir!

Unknown said...

As one who served her mission over there, here's a little tip: parlez-vous anglais will serve you A LOT better. :-)

Too FUN! I'm so jealous and can't wait for the details!

Phae-Jae said...

How exciting!

We want to see LOTS of pictures, OK!

Half a Dozen said...

I am SOO jealous! Enjoy everything- food, the sites, take it all in. Have lots of fun!

Katie said...

Oh you are sooo Lucky! I'm just a tad bit jealous! Have a ton of fun and take lots of pics! Can't wait to hear all about it! 2 weeks is a long time!

Kate said...

Have a great time...I'm so jealous!!! :o)

Unknown said...

Glad I stumbled across this blog. Have a wonderful time in France. Hope the children sleep despite the daylight.

Anonymous said...

awesome. soak it all in :) kathleen

K said...

no stikin way!!! you know we (your fans) all wish we were you... we love that you get such a wonderful adventure! we live through you! so live it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails