Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bunko Cookies

Last month we had BUNKO at Suzanne's house. She made these cookies, and we just couldn't get enough of them. Melanie had Suzanne email the recipe, and then she forwarded it on to me. They are now my favorite cookie, and I find myself making them once a week...no wonder I can't seem to lose any weight!

Anyhoo...the title should probably be Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies or something like that, but since I tasted them for the first time at BUNKO...I renamed them. Let me know what you think if you try them out.

2 stick's of butter
1c sugar
1c brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla
1 large DRY package of chocolate pudding
2 1/2 cups of flour

Mix it in that order and then add butterscotch chips (I even made a batch with Peanut Butter chips. They were pretty good, but I still prefer the butterscotch...that surprised me because I LOVE PB & Chocolate)

Bake at 350 for 12 min (My oven is gas heated and I find that 10 minutes is better for me...when I left them in for 12 they were not burnt, but they were overcooked.)
*******************************************************************************************
Update on the Nielsons: They have been upgraded from trauma patients to just burn patients. This is good, but they still have a long road of recovery. Their family has suggested things that you can do to help out. On Saturday they are inviting those who want to participate in a balloon release at the same time.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

15 people know I LOVE comments!:

Unknown said...

By the looks of those...it is no wonder you couldn't get enough of them. They look SO dang good. Im gonna have to check them out...being the cookie freak that I am!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you like them. I just made some for school lunches last night. I should have mentioned that I cook them for 12 min on the first batch and then 10 after that, I use a baking stone and it always takes longer to cook on the first batch.
I like what you named them, I will have to start calling them that and when people ask why, I will have a story to tell them :).

I am glad your friends are making progress, I saw their story on the news, it's very sad and I keep them in my prayers.

Katie said...

Those look SO delicious! I have to make them soooooon!

Tonya said...

I think the only thing I don't have is brown sugar but once I get some from the store I am making these. They sound so yummy!

Jamie said...

OH I LOO-OVED them and if I were nice I would make them for my kids. That's just a cover... I will make them for me and share with the kids, Thanks for the 411

Andrea said...

LOVED those yummy cookies! Love your new name for them! Thanks for posting the delicioso recipe!

And thanks to Suzanne for making & sharing them! Mmmmm!!!

tammy said...

These were to die for. So glad you posted the recipe. I had forgotten about them. Now I will be making them, too!

H said...

We made them for FHE, so I'm renaming them FHE Cookies and posting them on my blog :) I wonder what they would taste like if you switched and used butterscotch pudding and chocolate chips?!

Also, since I know 2 Crystals I'm going to start calling you Chrissy since that is the name of your blog. If I ever see you again though, I'm not sure I can say it out loud. Do people really call you that?!

Kristin said...

The cookies are soo good. Jaron made them while I was gone on a trip, but saved some for me! Now he has me trying to think of different variations. I'll let you know if I come up with any!

tiki_lady said...

I'm over here from crazymamaof6,
and I love the recipe! I am definitely going to give this a go!

tiki_lady said...

ps. do you know how much I love that you do not have word verification on

tiki_lady said...

yeah it makes it so easy to leave lots of comments

tiki_lady said...

I appreciate a woman who knows these things

tiki_lady said...

but then again, you have never known me and I am a stranger to your blog

tiki_lady said...

so maybe you are wishing you did have word verification on, huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails