Monday, August 25, 2008

My Little Girl

Having a little girl in your life changes everything. Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE my boys. In fact, Boys are actually a lot easier for me to deal with (no drama). Yet, there is something about having a little girl that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I have doted over Sydney since she was born. She always had some sort of bow on her head, got her ears pierced when she was 3 months, and always had a bracelet on. She literally was my ‘live’ doll. I love her little personality, and the sensitivity she brings to the family.

With Caden starting school, she has felt a little left out. Every night/morning, the kids need me to ‘run down’ what they are going to do for the day. So I started telling them, “First, we are going to go to they gym, then we will eat lunch, and then Caden gets to go to school!”

That is when Sydney looked at me with wide eyes, and asked “Mommy, Where am I gonna go?”
“You are going to come home with me!” Immediately the tears start to flow. She was so upset. That is when I had the surprise for her.

“Syd, next week YOU get to go to dance class on Wednesdays!” The tears stop, and her face brightens. The look on her face was priceless.
The only problem with me spilling the beans early was that for the next week EVERY single day she thought she was going to dance class. We went and got her a leotard, and she wore it day and night. I finally had to convince her that it was dirty, and I HAD to clean it so that she could wear it to dance. The minute it was clean she wanted to put it back on, but settled with carrying it around in a grocery bag until it was time to go to the beloved dance class.
Nothing could have prepared me for the joy it brought to my heart as I watched her. She was grinning from ear to ear, and giggling with pure jubilation. It made me giggle and bring tears to my eyes because I realize she is growing so fast. She was clearly the youngest in the class, but I have to admit I still got a kick at watching her do somersaults instead of listening while Ms. Sunny was reading a book about the first day of dance.
This past month has been somewhat surreal to me. I really am transitioning in so many ways, and trying to take it all in is overwhelming. Caden starting school, and now my little girl is old enough to be left at a dance class! To top it off Caden starts Let’s Play Music this week and Soccor next month! I am beginning to understand the whole “Mom’s taxi cab service.” It is so fun to watch my kids as they figure out what they like. I hope to expose them to many things so that they can find their niche. Then I will do all I can to help them soar!
Yes Jaylee...that is your niece! :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

17 people know I LOVE comments!:

Kathryn said...

I think I'll cry when my girls start dance too. Sydney is very cute in her little outfit.

tammy said...

So cute! I really can't believe I don't have a girl to take dance. I took dance lessons my whole entire life until I graduated high school, and then I taught aerobics, so it's in my blood. Think I can enroll Connor?

Tonya said...

Look at the smile on her face. She is loving it. I love her little leotard. I can't wait to put Peanut in dance classes. I loved watching my oldest do them.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

samantha took dance there too and we loved it!! i wish we lived closer so she could keep going.

Amber said...

This brought tears to my eyes. My baby girl (Sofie) is growing up too and it makes me so sad, yet excited to see who she is becoming. So cute. Is this Sunny Sheri's friend? When can they start? Email me the details...

Anonymous said...

Ah . . . she is so OBVIOUSLY happy! How adorable!

Two little lovebirds said...

How fun and cute is that!! Yeah, I know what you mean about rushing kids here and there. Jayden, as you know, started school. He also started t-ball, Easton starts preschool next week, then a baby in december!!

And I am so excited to do all the girly things!! Bows, dresses, bracelets, earrings!!

Dizzy Kate said...

She is adorable in her dance outfit. I think Kendra and Kessa have too much of me in them, they both want to poke their eyes out with sticks during ballet class. Kendra and Kessa love gymnastics. It is great for kids to find what they love. Syd obviously loves the dance thing already. Her faces are priceless in the pictures. What a sweetie.

ListPlanIt said...

Your story is a lot like mine (except my oldest is also a girl). My 2nd child is starting Kindergarten and it will just be me and my little Claire Bear all day every day. I think she is feeling a little left behind as well. What she doesn't know yet is all the fun things I have in my head for us!

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

KellyAnn said...

Oh how fun!! My oldest daughter really wants to dance be we don't have anything available out here!

Unknown said...

I could just picture her little face light up like a christmas tree when you told her. She sure looked like she enjoyed herself. My little boy started his second year of preschool. They grow up way too fast!

Mandy said...

She looks so thrilled! I was the second child and remember the heartache when my older sister and playmate left for school without me! You are such a great Mom to be so sensitive to her needs.

Unknown said...

Awe how cute is she...I LOVE little girls in dance clothes...I do agree that boys are SO much easier than girls. In every aspect. But we love them!! I DO also agree that it is important to find an outlet for each kid that is their own. We have just found jaycies and I am SO happy. (funny I was gonna do a post about this, and still need to)...it is so important! She is too cute Crystal!

Jen said...

She is too cute! Love the pic of her from the back! Hope she is having fun!

Scribbit said...

Is there anything cuter than a little girl in a pink tutu?

lifewithquads said...

My favorite pic is the one of her standing there from behind. That cute little butt and those legs in the tights. It's absolutely adorable!! Oh, how I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

This is a great article and a great post - definitely very helpful to women who are seeking information and share the same sentiments.

I would also like to suggest this site: Olga's Relief. You might find some valuable information regarding Woman's Health and Issues. Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails