Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quirks

I was tagged a few weeks ago by Tiffanie over at Three Peas in a Pod. I finally got the post finished...sorry it took so long.

The Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

My Quirks:
1.Up until I was a sophomore in High School, I topped my burritos & tacos with KETCHUP. I thought people who put salsa on them was gross. I haven't eaten them like that in years. I wonder if I would still like it.

2.I was in a Baton Twirling group for about 3 years. We performed alot in parades and such. I looked lovely in my navy blue sequined leotard. I actually still have my batons, but haven't taken them out for awhile. They had to go into hiding because the kids used them as weapons.

3. I LOVE "Vinegar Green Beans"! Growing up, my grandma had a special recipe that she made at every family gathering. It consists of vegetable oil, salt, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper, Lawry's Seasoning & of course vinegar. (Yes...lots of sodium...I am clogging my arteries) I didn't even know there were other ways to season green beans. I remember when I started school, and the cafeteria served them with butter. I didn't want to even touch them. I now will eat them either way, but really prefer them with vinegar...oh,and they are better a day old and COLD.

4. I prefer hardbound books versus paperback. I know they are more expensive, and not as easy to tote around, but there is something about them that I just like better.

5. I remember some of the strangest things. Shawn claims that I have a photographic memory. I think having children has made it not so photographic, but I still seem to remember alot of things. It can sometimes be embarrassing because I will see someone who is way in my past...and they will have no idea who I am. I could tell you each and everyone of my teachers, and most of the kids names in each of my classes. I also can remember many phone numbers, and birthday's of people I don't ever see anymore. I think it stems back to my Franklin days (my elementary school) where we would have to memorize a new poem to recite in front of the class each month. I think it really help to strengthen my memorization skills.

6. I rarely wear shorts. I hate my legs, and always have...so even though it is sweltering outside...I usually am in pants/jeans. I think I have one or two pairs of shorts/capris that I wear on occasion.

I tag Brooke, Kim, Michelle, Holly, Kathryn, & Rosie. If anyone else wants to do it...feel free...let me know so I can learn more about 'cha!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

7 people know I LOVE comments!:

CONAN said...

Crystal,
I have a memory like that at times too. Especially when it comes to remembering peoples faces. I miss living in Mesa and recognizing and running into people I know everywhere.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

love learning new things about you! i remember odd things too, can't remember my kids name half the time but ask me what i did 10 years ago and i will tell ya

Unknown said...

That was a fun list...I am with you on the hard bound books and jeans. I usually wear jeans too, something about them, I just love my jeans.

An Ordinary Mom said...

When I am home and making my own tacos, I still prefer to put ketchup on it :) !!

tammy said...

I still eat ketchup on my burritos.

Candice said...

MMM vinegar green beans sound really good! I love vinegar on my cooked broccoli, cauliflower (sp?) and cabbage. Does your grandma have a recipe for it? Will you share it? Do you use fresh green beans all the time, or can you use canned? Let me know!

Jenny said...

Hillarious Crystal! I wish I could remember half the things I did as a kid. Maybe you could help refresh my memory. But then again, maybe I don't want to remember. :)
ps. I'm so mad at myself for not calling you on your b-day. I remebered the day before and the day after, and dad gum it! I hope you had a good one. I do seem to remember when your b-day is because your mom used to always call you her little "Fire Cracker" :) Now if I could just remember ON the day, I'd feel better about myself.
Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails