Monday, July 14, 2008

Can time stand still??? Please?

How does my baby go from looking like this

to this in such a short time!!!???

I cannot believe that my little Thomas is now 4 MONTHS OLD!!! Time seriously goes by so much faster with each subsequent child. They don't stay 'baby' long enough

I have never been very good at keeping track of all the milestones that my kids hit through out the first year...so I thought with Thomas I would try to do a monthly update. I am already 4 months behind, but it is better late than never right!?

Thomas' 4 Months Stats:
Height: 25 1/4 inches - 64th percentile
Weight: 15 lbs 12 oz - 69th percentile
Head: 16.75 cm - 58th percentile

I don't know what it is, but I am always curious as to where my kids are at on the charts. That is the one thing I look forward to at their well visits. It has been interesting to see how unique each of my kids are. Caden was the freak of nature...almost 28 inches long & 20.4 lbs. Sydney was my petite little thing at 14 lbs & 24.5 inches long. So far Thomas seems to be smack dab in the middle of the two. He is getting funner and funner every day. I really thing my most favorite baby stage is between the age of 4-6 months. They love to interact, but can't go anywhere yet.

Eating & Sleeping habits:
Thomas is a good little eater. He probably nurses about every 3 to 4 hours. I usually don't start them on solids until they are atleast 6 months so we have a couple more to go before we get to start on all that fun stuff.

He started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago, and it has been pretty nice. He does wake up occasionally, but nurses, and goes right back to bed. He has gotten to the point now where I can put him in bed while he is still awake, and he will go to sleep. I made the mistake with Caden of always nursing him to sleep...I promised myself to never do that again. It is much nicer when they can learn to soothe themselves to sleep, and if you start early...you don't have endure and hour of "letting them cry it out".

Thomas' Progress
Thomas likes to be held. We have been working on having more 'tummy' time, and helping him to entertain himself. It lasts for a little bit, but in the end...he loves to be held. It doesn't help me get things done around the house, but that is okay.

He has started doing raspberries. Along with that is ALOT of drool. He chews on his hands alot, but he doesn't appear to be getting any teeth yet. I am hoping that he will get his teeth later like Sydney...Caden had 2 teeth a week after he turned 4 months (not something I liked while nursing!)

He can turn over from his back to his front. He never stays on his back very long. Almost the instant that I lay him down he has flipped himself over. Most of the time he ends up getting his little hand stuck underneath him, and he hates that!

A couple of weeks ago he found his feet. I love how fascinated kids are when they 'find' their feet.
Our little Thomas isn't so little anymore. These are the times where I wish I could just freeze time for just a bit, and make it last longer. I look forward to the next few months when his little personality will show more and more. We really are enjoying having him around.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

15 people know I LOVE comments!:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

they grow up way to fast!! my baby just turned 3 :(

raising4boys said...

Adorable pictures! I love the one of him playing with his feet.

I find myself saying the same thing almost everyday. Where does the time go? My baby will be 1 next month :(

Carina said...

I'm sure you've heard this, but I really think he looks like Caden! =)

Heather said...

He is so cute! And sooo BIG!

Cindy Price said...

Awe, totally adorable. I'm with you, I love the four to six month age. They laugh and smile and you can play, but they don't get into much yet!! I think Thomas definitely looks like a boy!! Sometimes at that age you just can't tell, but he seems to just have a boy face!! I'm missing my kids and grandchildren, they do grow up oh, so fast!!! Enjoy!!

Melanie and Will said...

He is just too cute! And he really is starting to pack on the "chub"! I love it!

Two little lovebirds said...

He is soo adorable!! And I agree with you so much... don't you wish you could just bottle up the newborn stage?!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

They grow and change so quickly! He's a doll! My oldest was hardly small, in a quick 2 months, he was 20 lbs!

Casey said...

He is soo cute, I just want to hug him! :) when your a kid, times crawls by.. & when you grow up & have your own kids It speeds by!..

Becca said...

In the last picture he looks like his dad! Very cute!

An Ordinary Mom said...

They do grow so fast ... I am finding I really don't want this newborn phase to pass to quickly.

Becky said...

I can't even tell you how much I agree with your comments! They GROW TOO FAST!!! I was in such a hurry for my 1st & 2nd to grow up, but with the rest, I feel like making time stand still. My baby turned 2 last month. I can't believe it. Enjoy those cute little legs and drooling smiles as long as you can!!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through technorati. =)
Your little one sure is cute. I have a 4 month old as well, and she's a growing one too! lol
Nice blog, I'll visit again!

Rhiannon said...

It's so sad that kids grow up so fast. Phoenix will be 3 on Wednesday and I'm always tearing up about it. He is my baby.
Thomas is so cute. I love that he is grabbing his feet. I have to agree that 4 to 6 month age is my favorite for babies.

Unknown said...

awwhh! totally adorable how thomas found his feet! you are blessed crystal, kathleen :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails