Tuesday, July 8, 2008

29 Years

On Thursday, July 3rd, I celebrated my 29th birthday! I still can't believe that I am 'that old'. Really, I don't feel old, but I remember when I was younger anything over 22 was 'really old'. It is funny how perspective changes things. I have so much more life to live, and really life has just begun!

My day was pretty relaxing. My mom and little brother Michael came over in the morning. They helped me clean my house. It really wasn't that dirty, but it was nice for the help. We ended up going out to lunch with my parents & Michael at Olive Garden. Shawn had worked from home that day, but had a conference call when we were going, so he had to stay home. I could have gone to Joe's Farm Grill for a free meal, but Olive Garden sounded better...and my dad picked up the tab...so it was free anyway! It was nice to spend some time with my parents and my little brother.
After we ate, we swung by Krispy Kremes. I am so glad that someone was smart enough to open them up again. Before they closed a few years ago, on your birthday you could get 6 free donuts and a mug filled with your choice of beverage. Since it was owned by someone new, I didn't know if they still did that. I went through the drive-thru, and told them it was my birthday. All I had to do was show some I.D. and they gave me a DOZEN FREE! They were heavenly!
We ended the day by going to good ol' Joe's Real BBQ with our little family. I love the food there! It is all fresh and homemade....and yes, on your birthday...they give you a free meal. We left stuffed and fully satisfied! Kinda silly, but I look forward to it every year.
Caden is going to help me pick out a new watch for his gift to me. Any suggestions of where I should look for a good one? Shawn always has a hard time figuring out what to give me he referred to my 'list' that I had made last year. We got a laptop! I am excited to have one that is actually mine (I have been using one that one of Shawn's clients has lent him...so it may get taken back.) It is just nice to have something that is portable so I can keep an eye on the kids while I am on the computer! (I am actually trying to convince him that this gift was not really for me, but for the family...and want to get a mixer....I hope I can find one.) It was a great day. A clean house, great food, and lots of phone calls through out the day wishing me a 'Happy Birthday'...who could ask for more!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

13 people know I LOVE comments!:

Jenifer said...

What a lovely day! I could go for a donut right about now. Perhaps tomorrow. I never pass up a free meal, and you got two! Way to go. I'm about to have my 29th birthday too. For the fourth time:)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a GREAT day! And all that yummy sounding food, yummm! Go for the mixer, I love mine and use it way more than I thought I would.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun filled day full of yummy free food!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

free donuts!! it can't get better than that! sound like you had a great day! happy birthday ;)

Marquita said...

Crystal, I'm glad you had a good birthday. Lots of fun. Krispy Kreme, mmmm!!!!

Jamie said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I am headed to Krispy Kreme's for my next kids B-day. I will surely be a hit!:) Looks like you had a fabulous day.

Tonya said...

Glad you had a happy birthday. That is awesome all the free stuff you got. I didn't think restaurants did the free meals anymore.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Food, family and free-can't get any better (not necessarily in that order)

Crazymamaof6 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! sounds like a great day! whoohoo on free Krispy Kreme's! that is rad! wish my birthday was coming up.

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (late)

And you are NOT old, not yet anyway! Because then that makes me REALLY old! hahahah

Mmmm didn't know that superb info about Krispy Kreme & birthdays!!! Hopefully they will still be open in January for my bday!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!

Abbie said...

Happy birthday!!

Dizzy Kate said...

I haven't looked at your blog for awhile. I had no idea I missed your b-day. Happy 29th b-day! It sounds like you guys had fun hanging out and enjoying all the free, fun stuff!

Unknown said...

Ackk! I am really behind in my blog reading.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy this last year to the fullest. Just kidding- I am loving my thirties.

It sounds like you had an awesome day, and happy belated birthday.

Best wishes,

Related Posts with Thumbnails