Sunday, July 6, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week 27

The 52 Blessings Project
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.
Week Twenty Seven
Naturally my thoughts of gratitude this week have turned to the freedoms that I have by being privileged to live here in the United States. I am so thankful that I have been blessed to be born and raised in a country with so much FREEDOM to choose. I am thankful to be able to worship as I choose. I am thankful to be able to VOTE, and have some sort of say of how things are run. I am thankful to feel 'safe' in my home and neighborhood. I feel so blessed to have the opportunities that I have here. One thing I do realize is none of this would EVER be possible if it weren't for the men and women who serve our country. I am thankful that they are much braver than I and have made a commitment to fight for our country and allow us to enjoy the freedom that we have. I don't think I could personally sacrifice myself like that, so I am thankful that they are willing to be more selfless than I am. We are truly blessed to live in this country.
If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

4 people know I LOVE comments!:

KellyAnn said...

I agree with you 100 percent. We are indeed lucky to have the freedoms that we enjoy.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

excellent blessing! I too am thankful for those that serve.... past and present.

Jamie said...

I too am SOOOOO grateful to live in the good Ole US of A!!

Unknown said...

Well said Crystal!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails