Sunday, July 27, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week 28

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.

Week 28


One thing that I will always be forever grateful is good friends. When I was in 9th grade I went through a time where I really struggled with what direction I wanted my life. I was torn between two different worlds...the one that my parents taught me in the gospel, and the 'worldy' part. The idea of not having to be confined by the rules of my church seemed kinda nice, yet at the same time I think deep down I knew that the church was where I belonged. I started wearing revealing clothing, and just wanted to get noticed by boys. The thing that a 14 year old girl doesn't understand...is that it attracts the wrong boys. I could have gotten into alot of trouble, but I really feel that Heavenly Father was looking out for me.

Then I started High School. It was in my A-hour AA English class that I met Stephen. He was this tall guy that was super funny, and made fun of my "huge lips". For whatever reason he started asking me to come and hang out with his friends. That is where I met up with all the "Brimhall crew" - James, Robbie (who was also in my A-hour), Rick, Lisa, Bethany, Tait, Larry, and many others. They were always nice to me, and never said anything about my short shorts, or tight tops. They just liked me for who I was. They helped me (without really knowing they did) solidify the testimony that I already had in my heart. I knew that I needed to make changes in my life, and it was then that I gained a true love for the gospel.

By the time our Senior year came, our 'group' had seen many changes, but overall...I made and kept some really great friendships. Heck, if it weren't for James, Julie and I wouldn't have been as good friends as we are now. It has been hard to keep up with everyone, but I love it when we actually get together. A few weeks ago we got together for James' 30th birthday. It was great to catch up. I wish more of them could have made it. All of us will be turning 30 within the next year so we hope to have alot more parties.

I will always be forever grateful for the influence they each had on my life. I really believe that good friends are vital. I have seen children who had wonderful parents that do the best to teach their kids good principles only to have bad friends, and make really bad choices. I hope and pray that my kids are blessed with as good of friends that I was able to have.

If you would like to visit other peoples 'blessings' just go to Gardenview Cottage for a list of participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

17 people know I LOVE comments!:

Amanda said...

We are getting old. I'm very jealous of all you still around home. I miss all of you. Every time I come down it is such a short trip we barely have time for family. Next time were down we'll have to have a big 30 year old party.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

what a great post- i had so much fun looking at your pics and remembering some of these people too...some were my friends! does stephanie have a blog?! soooo fun!! and i'm so jealous that you still are in touch and having parties! this group of friends reminds me of one word- SCUM! (let me clarify- the game, scum!)

Tonya said...

Yep good friends are a great blessing from God!

Dizzy Kate said...

Thank goodness for great friends. I don't know where I would be with out such good friends in my life too. You're a great friend to everyone Crystal!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Hey! I don't even remember your shorty shorts or tight tops! It was fun to read your post, it brings back so many memories! I am ticked that we couldn't go to James party, we need to have more get togethers! Anyway, good post!
Bethany

Becca said...

Thanks for the fun pictures! It was great seeing you again and everyone else I've lost contact with. To lasting friendships!!!

Marquita said...

Ah, sooo sorry that we couldn't make it to James' party. It would've been fun to see everybody! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Unknown said...

What a cute post...a lot of those people I haven't seen since high school...a little weird to see every one grown UP! :-)

Jamie said...

Friends do make all the differnce. I sure hope my kids find and make the right kind of friends!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I totally agree with you good friends are the BEST blessing!

Rhiannon said...

Crystal you wore short shorts and tight tops? I don't even remember but I do remember your water bottles. Friends are the greatest. I'm glad we have blogs so we can all keep in touch better. Tell James Happy 30th for me.

Staci said...

You guys had such a FUN group of friends! I do want to know why James is the tie between you and Julie though?

Cindy Price said...

To have good friends is indeed a great blessing!!

KellyAnn said...

Good friends can definitely make or break a person!! What a great blessing.

Andrea said...

AWESOME post, Crystal!!! Friends really do definte who we are...hopefully for the BEST! Looks like you have some really great ones!! I hope my kids can make some long-lasting great friendships too!

luv ya :)

tammy said...

That's a great story Crystal. Thanks for sharing that. I think a lot of us have stories of our own that aren't that far off. I know I do.

KatieJ said...

Hey Crystal- I remember having fun hanging out with your group a bit in 10th grade and really wishing I could go to school with you all. You were all so nice and that whole group was all about "good clean fun!" (And I never noticed your clothing was inappropriate either)

Related Posts with Thumbnails