Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I have FINALLY been bitten...

Yes Ladies, I have finally succumbed to the desire that I have had to read Twilight. When I started blogging over a year ago, I saw this book pop up EVERYWHERE. I wondered if it was really worth the read. I even filled my checkout cart at Amazon a few times, only to exit out before finalizing the purchase. You see, I have this problem...when I start a good book...I have a hard time putting it down.


Then last week at BUNKO the girls started talking about it. I mentioned how I wanted to read them, but never actually got around to it. Lo and behold...Julie had brought Jen's copy to return to her, and Jen let me borrow it! (Thanks Jen)

I was actually able to refrain from reading until Sunday afternoon, but from there it was all over. I read deep into the night/morning, went to bed, only to wake and continue reading until Monday afternoon. My motherly duties took the backburner (I found out that I wasn't the only one!), but man was that a good read!

I now understand what has been facinating people by the truckload. Stephenie Meyer is a brilliant writer, and I can't wait to read New Moon! (I actually hit the purchase button at Amazon this time - YAY!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

21 people know I LOVE comments!:

Jen said...

I am so glad you liked it!! You could have borrowed my copy of New Moon, but I guess you'll probably want your own copy anyways, but if you can't wait I will let you borrow it. Yay another fan!!

Two little lovebirds said...

Yay!! These books are so good... I've actually read all 3 about 4 times each!! Counting down the days till book 4 is delivered!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i know..i didn't understand until i read them. it is hard not to get so involved with them.

Dizzy Kate said...

Okay, I know I am the ONLY girl on the planet that feels this way, but the book was too much of a girl's fantasy. There was no realistic anything about their romance. I do like romance, but it has to be more realistic then that! And it has nothing to do with him being a vampire. I feel comfortable enough with you that I can say my true feelings, but I seriously keep my mouth shut in the pressence of other girls that have read the book because I know I'm going to hear an ear full if I don't. I just don't get it. I know I am bizaro and please still be my friend. : ) Maybe I'll have to read it again and see if it is better the second time around.

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! i knew you'd like it! i have the other two if you wanna borrow them!

whoohoo on speeding through. now you get the obsession don't you?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I finally read it about a month or so ago. Still waiting on the next one {borrowing them from a friend who already lent it to her sister-in-law.....but she said she is finally getting it read. My teenage son even read it and although he said it was a chick book is waiting to read the next ones!

Marquita said...

Yah! Way to go! They are the best books. Can't wait for the 4th to come out on Saturday!

Staci said...

It took me a while too...I just read them all a couple of months ago, but can't wait for the next one to come out this week!:) It is hard not to get sucked in...she is such a great author. After Twilight...you will have to read the Host. I LOVED that one.

Becca said...

It's about time you just said yes! I Love these books and I also read her Adult Fiction, The Host and really likes it too. I'm attending the Barnes and Noble midnight party tomorrow night to get my copy of Breaking Dawn and this summer me, my 2 sisters, and my 17 year old niece went to pay our respects to the quaint little town of Forks, WA! So, come Saturday my hubby already knows he's on kiddo duty, food duty, and I am retreating my a comfy chair all by my lonesome for atleast 24-36 hours...I guess I have to sleep sometime. Have you seen the 2 movie trailers yet? go to: www.thetwilightmovie.com They totally rock! I also want to hear what you think about the other books when you get them read!

tammy said...

{evil cackle}

Sooo addicting huh?

Tonya said...

Good to know I'm always looking for a good read!

Casey said...

Crystal,
Thanks to your blog I also went and bought the silly book, I read it all night at work & then this morning! Is great :)...so far,

Becky said...

Glad you finally read the book! I know it's all consuming. :-) I bought the last book back in May and got my hands on it yesterday when it was finally released. So my family has had to endure while I have ignored them, but I finished breaking dawn about an hour ago. It is well worth purchasing, because you will want to read them again and again and again!

Amy said...

Glad you joined the revolution. I pulled the same hours on the last, Breaking Dawn. I got a little prize in the mail today! I am sooooo happy... I have got to go out of town.. but I've planned a huge post about how you revolutionaized my worLd through labelling. I am not ditchin' the wonderfulness... I am just gedtting ready to go out of town so I can't do it justice! Thanks for great give-away. I am soooooo lucky... Love your blog.... Thanks again!

Millie said...

You and I got into these books about the same time - pretty funny how we resisted jumping on the bandwagon for so long, only to get sucked in at the very end!

Love that Edward! :)

Schatz said...

What is going on in your life? You must still be catching up on all of your duties that took the backburner while you read....awaiting a new post & how are the kiddos, did preschool start back up yet? hope all is well

Mariah said...

WWWWHHHHHHOOO!!!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Ooooh NOOOO! YOu gave in!! I am continuing to rebell against the trend!
Bethany

Andrea said...

SO GLAD YOU CAVED!!! I could not put them down either!! The newest book release was FUN!!! I also have all of them if you want to borrow any of them! Let me know!!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

I still haven't started the last book- soon I hope! My mom kind of ruined it for me...she was a little disappointed with this last one. Anyways, I'm so torn- read or watch olympics!? I'm truly addicted to both! Glad you're a fan!!

Cami said...

I can't believe that you are just reading it. I am a fan, but not to die hard about it. It is such a fun read. But, my heart belongs to my family. LOL!!! Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails