Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #1 - Birthday Gifts

My birthday is coming up in less than a week! Yes, on July 3rd I will be 28 years old! It is strange to think that I am that much closer to being 30! I always thought that was so old, and now I realize how naive I was. My life has barely begun!

My husband always has a hard time figuring out something to give me. With this being Thursday, I thought I would give him Thirteen ideas of things that I like in order to help him out!

1. A Laptop: I have been asking for one for a few months now. I think it would be really nice to have one so that I won’t be stuck at a desk. Since I started blogging I have gotten so many wonderful recipes, and instead of printing them out…I can have them stored on my laptop and bring it to the kitchen! Besides it will also help me keep a better eye on my children when I do want to blog, and could prevent things like this from happening!

2. A Card/Letter: Yes, something as simple as a card or letter. There is something about the written word. I love looking back at old emails and letters. They really capture the emotions of the moment.

3. A Flatbed Scanner: This is another one of those items that I have been wanting for some time. I have recently gotten into digital scrapbooking. I have always wanted to be a scrapbooker. I mean I have lots of supplies to accomplish that, but my pictures and keepsakes just sit in boxes in our office. I would love to just scan everything in and toss the junk. Digital is the way for me!

4. A Cool Picture Frame: I love cute frames. It is always something that draws my attention when I go to peoples houses. I don’t have many of them, but I would love to start putting up more candid shots of my family around the house.

5. A Gift Certificate to get a pedicure: Shawn got me one a few years back, and I absolutely loved it. I would/should go more often, but I haven’t. I would love to have that experience again.

6. Jewelry: I like jewelry, but I am not good at choosing it. Because of that reason, I don’t really wear a lot. But I would love to have a nice set of diamond earrings, and a necklace to match. I also really like those chunky beaded necklaces that are in style these days.

7. Concert Tickets: I love going to concerts. There is something so fun, and amazing to hear an artist in person. I actually got Shawn tickets to a Snow Patrol (they sing Chasing Cars) concert later in July! But you can never go to too many concerts right?

8. A Trip: I have always thought it would be so cool to be whisked away on a surprise trip. I think it speaks volumes because of the planning that is involved.

9. Books: I love to read. It is something that I really enjoy. Shawn hates that I read a lot of “self-help” books, but I also like great novels too.

10. A Bombay Chest: I love the look of a Bombay Chest. There is something so elegant. I have always wanted to get one to put in my front entry way. I think it would look so beautiful, and also provide some storage.

11. A case for my new phone: We recently got new phones. I actually wanted to get The Chocolate because it looked sooooo cool. Instead we went with the LG VX8300. It isn’t as pretty, but it has the capability to play MP3’s. I am really excited about that. In the past my phone has been really trashed because my two little monsters like to play with it so much. In the process it gets thrown onto the ground A LOT! I think a case would help extend the life of the phone.

12. Money to buy some new clothes: It is not like I can’t go out and buy clothes for myself. The problem is that I don’t. I feel guilty because sometimes money can be spent better. But because of that guilt, I don’t have much variety in my wardrobe (I am seriously waiting for the day that Stacey and Colin from What NOT to Wear pop out and tell me how bad my 'style' is) If I had an amount to spend specifically on clothes then I would be able to get a cute outfit, without the guilt!

13. A Big Kiss and Hug! Affection is always a good thing. There is nothing better than knowing that you are loved.

Head on over to the Thursday Thirteen HQ for more participants!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

11 people know I LOVE comments!:

The Rock Chick said...

Oh, those are great birthday ideas!!! And yes, at 28, your life has just begun!!

I loved your "What Not To Wear" comment! I just love that show but I figure the chosen people have to be somewhat mortified!

Happy Birthday and Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Happy 13!

Anonymous said...

Fun idea for TT! My husband always needs "gift hints" too... and sometimes a reminder that a gift-giving occasion is approaching... LOL

Anonymous said...

These are super b-day ideas. My only suggestion now would be to print it out and tape the list to the fridge, car steering wheel, bathroom mirror, or even perhaps his forehead so he can truly get the hints. lol Great TT list. Happy Thursday!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and all your dreams come true! Also hoping that you get a sweet laptop!

Carina said...

I'm thinking you'll probably get #13. I'm just guessing, because that's what I'd probably get.

Bowman Family said...

Happy birthday you old lady! hahaha
I love this idea, but you know that he will want to surprise you and get something that is NOT on your list. I am not sure why husbands do that. If this works, please let me know!!!

mistihollrah said...

I did a Birthday Wishlist, too (well mine got a little over-the-top but there are some items that my hubby could get me for my b-day)! My B-day is July 8 & I will be 38!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Crissy!
Here's to another July baby. Mine is the 16th, and I'll be 35. I never thought I'd be 30, and that 30 was old too, but the years just fly by now. Honestly, these first years after 30 have been the BEST!

Those are all great gifts. A laptop would be an awesome gift.

Hope you had a great Thursday!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Happy almost Birthday! You will have to let us know what he gets you ... does he read your blog?

Anonymous said...

Very nice site. Hey have you looked at CouponAlbum site. Its also a good coupons site.

Related Posts with Thumbnails