Thursday, June 21, 2007

Show them your trash!

I will be the first to admit, and I think I have probably said it before. I am not the best housekeeper in the world. I really wish that I could say that my house is neat as a pin, and everything has its place, but it doesn't. Sometimes it can get discouraging because I feel like I am constantly cleaning, but never making a dent. Or whatever I clean is immediately trashed once my kids come storming through. So when I read my friend's, Meg of Bowman Family Blog, post about the "association" that she and my other friend Karyn were "forming" I just had to laugh. They call it "MOM'S WITH TRASHED HOUSES, BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE WE HAVE GOOD KIDS - CLUB"

I think we can be really hard on ourselves because we think we are the only ones that have the problem, but I think there are many of us moms out there that have a hard time 'keeping up'. So Meg and Karyn are calling all Mom's to "BRING IT ON", and show them your dirty houses. Meg posted hers here, and Karyn here.

I just cleaned my house a few days ago, so I have nothing really worthy of posting...but give it a few days. I will surely have pictures soon. :) Yesterday, I was playing with my layout. Shawn has always complained that my profile picture never contained him. He said that it looked like I was a single mom. So I made a new header that included him. I thought the color scheme is appropriate for the upcoming holiday...overall I am pretty happy with the outcome. I get bored real easily so I don't know how long I will keep it, but that's okay. Anyway, while I was playing with the Layout, I should have been playing with my children. This is the result of my negligence and blogging addiction! (And don't let this picture fool you! Sydney was NOT the only accomplice. Caden was the instigator, but could not be photographed because he had stripped himself of all his clothes, and was running around in his 'birthday suit'...yes I am THAT good of a mother!)
For those of you who may struggle, remember you are not alone! Join the 'call' and SHOW THEM YOUR MESS! Let me know if you are brave enough to do it! (Like I said it won't take long for me to have proof that my house is trashed) I would love to come take a look and know that I am normal!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

7 people know I LOVE comments!:

Bowman Family said...

Crystal, I love it! Doesn't it seem ironic that while we are blogging about being great moms with messy houses that our kids take the opportunity to destroy whatever they can? I am glad you have joined the club! I look forward to seeing your trashed house soon!
Meg :-)

Carina said...

Ok. I'm accepting your challenge. I just took a picture of my living room. I'll try to have it up on my blog tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

hi crystal: fun post. yay, i am normal like you, too, i see. i love that name of your club. too funny. and i got a kick out of how you said you are that kind of a mother! you cracked me up. thanks, kathleen :)

Phae-Jae said...

Waa hoo! I love this, I'm in! Give me a day or two!

Qtpies7 said...

I'm not sure I'm that brave, lol. I have 7 kids trashing my house, and clean here is not clean elsewhere, lol. I've had to lower my standards just to be able to be mad and not furious!
Maybe, maybe, I'll clean up enough to send in a picture of the house trashed, lol.

Bowman Family said...

Crystal, I am glad to see the ranks are growing!
BTW, my dad ran into Sister Dick and she said that Jenny got married in February (why were we not invited???!) to a guy from Utah. He is divorced with three kids so she has a "ready made family". My dad gave her my email address so hopefully I will hear from Jenny soon. I will pass along her info as soon as I get it!
Meg :-)

KatieJ said...

I like your new look! I am with you on the messy house- I am thinking about posting pics soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails