Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fever

My poor little Caden woke up at 2 am this morning. I didn't really think much of it when he came into our room. He does this periodically, and I will just go back with him to his room and lay with him until he falls back asleep. He didn't really say anything, but continued to toss and turn in his bed. I reached over to try to console him, and that is when I realized he was burning up! My poor little man had a fever. I have tried to get him to take some Tylenol, but he is refusing. I could try to force it on him, but in the past that just makes him more upset. He then ends up gagging and throwing up. I just don't know what to do. His temperature has gotten as high as 103, but right now it is at 100.4. I hate it when my babies are sick. I feel so helpless. He is so miserable, but I can't seem to convince him that if he would take the medicine he will feel better. It is frustrating. He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms so I have no idea what has brought it on. I sure hope that it doesn't last too long. Looks like we will be laying low today, and catching up on some movies.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

10 people know I LOVE comments!:

Kylie said...

Poor little guy! I HATE fevers! Powells go so high so quickly that he has these little mini fever seizure things and so I have to force medicine down him...luckily I think he has figured out it makes him feel better so he now takes it without a fight! (YEA) I love your new blog look...SO CUTE!! Did you make your blog topper??? I LOVE it!

Bowman Family said...

There is a flu going around right now so hopefully it will pass in the next day or so. Poor little guy! Poor mommy! Have you tried giving him the meltaways? My kids like those much better than liquid meds.
Good luck!

Rosie said...

I hate it when we have sick little ones! We had this also this week. Hopefully, we are all on the mend!

Don't worry, most people are messier than they would like to be. I just have to tell myself that I am trying! I just wish that someone else would try!

How do you get the cute banner and such on your blog? I am fairly computer illiterate, I love the new digs on yours!

Anonymous said...

hi crystal: awh, poor baby! and poor mama. hope he feels better very soon. but now he will get extra cuddle mommy time. i know what you mean about the feeling helpless when they have a fever. when our oldest was a 4 month old, we were on a long road trip and she fevered a bunch. we couldn't drive any faster to get home (cause i think home is the best place to be when you feel sicky yicky). take care, kathleen :)

Phae-Jae said...

Sad to see him down. Hope he is up and going soon.

I love your new look!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....Poor Caden. Hope he starts feeling better soon.

Love the new look. Shabby Princess has got some beautiful digital scrapbook kits. I'll have to go check this one out.

Mom Tu-Tu said...

We just dealt with this same thing at our house. My daughter had a fever around the same as your sons and no other symptoms! Must be a summer bug going around. Fortunately it seemed to be short lived.

Unknown said...

Poor little dude :-(

Sometimes it's best to let a fever go and not force the meds (unless it gets too high). Afterall, a fever is a body's way of fighting infection. Just give him lots of liquids ~ which I am sure you know :-)

Melissa
www.LittleWoolgatherings.blogspot.com
www.TheSilverTongue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hope Caden is feeling better soon and that no one else in your family catches it!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I hope he is feeling better soon. It is no fun to have sick kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails