Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Need something to blog about?

A few days ago, Michelle over at Scribbit wrote a post with 10 Houskeeping Tips for Your Blog. I have only been blogging for about 6 months now, and am still trying to get a handle on everything. One of the tips that she suggested was to "Get on a Schedule." I try to have somewhat of a schedule of what I do on each day, but don't always stick to it. Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of something to write about, and maybe you do too. I have found some different things that you can participate in around the blogosphere, and they help organize what to post on each day.

Monday

  • Lani over at The Wooden Porch host's Laugh Out Loud Monday's. She highlights a post that she or someone who has nominated for being funny. I haven't actually committed to writing a funny story on Monday's, but it is always fun to hop over there and read something funny.
  • Laura the Organizing Junkie host's Menu Plan Monday. Everyone posts what they are cooking for the week. I really need to start doing this one because it would help me plan my shopping better, and keep on a better schedule!

Tuesday

  • Susan and Janice of 5 Minutes for Mom host Tackle it Tuesday's. They encourage you to pick something that you need to get done that you have been avoiding...and TACKLE it. You take before and after pictures of it, and then post it to your blog. You also can go to their blog and link up so that others can see your progress! This has been a great motivator for me. It is always nice to have some recognition for the hard work that is done.
Wednesday
  • I almost always participate in Wordless Wednesday. This is one of the easiest posts of all because all you have to do is post a picture. I usually link back to the hosts...Wordless Wednesday HQ and 5 Minutes for Mom.
  • Shannon of Rocks in My Dryer hosts Works For Me Wednesday. People from all over the blogosphere link up at Shannon's blog, and give loads of tips about things that "work for them." I have yet to participate because I don't know if I really have any knowledge to share of something that I do that can make life easier, but I love getting all the ideas from the other people. Hopefully one day I can actually share some wisdom!
Thursday
  • You can participate in Thursday Thirteen. The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, anything at all!...make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! This is another idea that I have always been interested in, but have yet to participate. I am such a lurker!
  • Sandra of Diary of a Stay At Home Mom hosts Slow Cooking Thursdays. People all link up with their favorite crock pot recipes. They are sooo yummy!
Friday
  • OW of Overwhelmed with Joy hosts a recipe exchange. She calls it Favorite Ingredients Friday. I have a few recipes that I have liked enough to post, and this is a great reference for tried and true recipes.
  • Friday's Feast is another simple idea for a post. Just go to their website every Friday (or Thursday night) and they have a list of questions. They have them set up as if you are eating a meal ie: Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Main Dish & Dessert. It is a great idea, and it helps your readers get to know you a little better.

Saturday

  • TNChick hosts a Photo Scavenger Hunt she calls Photo Hunters every Saturday. She has a specific theme for a picture...you then "hunt" for something that fits within that theme, and then post it on your blog, and link back to her.

Sunday

  • Kelly of Missing J.T. Snow host Sunday's Six. On Thursday or Friday she posts 6 questions to ask your kiddo's (if you have them) and then on Sunday you post them, and link back to her.

These are some of the one's that I have seen in the last 6 months. Let me if there are others that I can add to this list. Then the next time you are lost for a post you can come here, and there will be something to write about! If you do participate don't forget to link back to the host. They put alot of work into hosting these things, and deserve the recognition!

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

2 people know I LOVE comments!:

Scribbit said...

This is a nice take on the post I did, great the way you expanded and offered suggestions.

Thanks for the mention too.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Michelle's post was amazing! It got me thinking, too. Two of my favorite carnivals to participate in our Woman to Woman hosted by Morning Glory and Lei every 2nd and 4th Thursday. I also have enjoyed Smart Habit Saturday's hosted by Lara The Lazy Organizer. I am sure you have seen these themes on my blog :) !!

On Sunday I used to write an inspiration post called Sunday Sundries. I need to get back in that habit :) !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails