Sunday, June 17, 2007

Worth the Drive

On Friday, we made a last minute phone call to our friends the Ashton's. Shawn and Mark share the same birthday so we are bound to think of them atleast once a year! hee hee. We really enjoy their company, but since they live on the other side of town we rarely get to see them. We thought it would be nice to go out for a late "birthday" dinner for the two of them. Unfortunately we couldn't get a babysitter on such short notice, and decided that we would put it off for another time. Shawn and I were talking after I had gotten off the phone with Cindi. Because of different conflicts the next time we would be able to get together would be a month from now. We decided that we would make the 45 minute drive out to their house, and Cindi's sister could watch both our kids while we went out.

It was a long drive, but I am so glad that we decided to make it. We went and ate at Famous Dave's....and ohhhh my....that was good food! I have never eaten there before, but I am so glad that Mark recommended it. We got Famous Dave's Feast, and shared it between the 4 of us. They even gave Mark and Shawn these huge Sundae's for their birthday. I left there stuffed, but man was it worth it! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Afterwards, we were debating whether or not to catch a movie. We decided to opt out, and go back to their house to hang out. We went back to find that our kids had had a blast playing together. It didn't click until the way back to their house that it was as if Cindi's sister was having to watch two sets of twins because our children are the same age! It was probably a little chaotic, but she did a great job. They did some face painting, and I left my camera so she could take some photos. Sydney looked so cute as a little cat (try to ignore the fact that she is trying to pick her nose!). As usual...Caden did not want to participate...so there are no fun pictures of him.

While we were there Caden got a hold of the camera. He loves to take pictures, and whenever he finds the camera he starts snapping away. I have to say that I was so impressed with one of the shots that he got of Lanah. I may have a budding photographer on my hands!

Over all it was such a fun evening. I am so glad that we took the time to go out there, and I actually thought it was nice that our kids got to play together. They really had a lot of fun, and so did we. I am so thankful for our friendship with this family. They are great people, and so much fun to be around. Mark and Cindi always have a way of making me laugh until I cry. That is a great thing. I thought about what we would have missed out on if we would have not gone. I think there are many times that we decide not to do something because it is "so far", and don't want to "waste" so much time in the car. Some things are just worth the drive...I need to remind myself this more often!

Here is some pictures of Caden, Sydney, Lanah, and Payton. They surely are a cute bunch of kids!


Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

4 people know I LOVE comments!:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable litter of kittens!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Genuine friendships are hard to come by. But when you do find them, it is such a treat to be able to hang out.

Anonymous said...

hi crystal: somethings that are more worth it are not always the easiest to do. glad you went anyway and had a nice visit. special people in your lives are worth the gas and time :)

that is sooo cool how they bring you to tears of laughter. i love it when i can do that with certain people. you know you are having a good laugh when your side hurts a little afterwards and/or you are wiping the tears away and/or you are glad you did't pee your pants! ha!

made ya laugh!

happy Sabbath girl, kathleen :)

Anonymous said...

They are both cute 'lil kitties.

LOL! We ate at JOE's BBQ, the week before for my brother's birthday! They have the most awesome BBQ pork sandwhich, and lemon cake. I love the picnic tables too. It was too hot to sit outside, but I love the picnic tables.
Wishing Shawn Happy Belated Birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails