Thursday, January 31, 2008

52 Blessings Project - Week Four

The 52 Blessings Project

Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.
Week Four

I am a late on posting my 52 blessings for this week, and am trying to catch up on everything. This past weekend was crazy, but full of a lot of fun. So scroll down to see what else we were up to last weekend. I had a couple of things in mind when I was thinking about what to be “grateful” for this week. Then when Sunday came and we heard the news about President Hinckley, I knew what I wanted to post about.
President Hinckley was a remarkable man. What he represented is what I am grateful for. I am so thankful to belong to a church that is lead by a person who gets direct revelation from our Heavenly Father. It is amazing to know that we are lucky enough to have a prophet. To know that even though our beloved Gordon B. Hinckley is now gone, that there will be someone else appointed to continue the work of the Lord.

I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It brings so much joy, and peace into my life. It gives me the direction, and guidance that I need in order to be the best that I can be. I know that I belong there, and my life would not be the same without it.

On a different note...I am still working on the questions you asked. I might have to go on to some of the others before I post about how Shawn and I met. I haven't written down our whole story, and want to give it the justice that it deserves.

Stumble Upon Toolbar add to kirtsy

5 people know I LOVE comments!:

KellyAnn said...

Amen!! He was truly a great prophet that has lead out church with such vigor. We will miss him dearly. I am thankful we have his words with us to continue to follow.

Unknown said...

I found your blog from your post of "Caden's Prayer". A friend forwarded me the link - he is ADORABLE! I laughed out loud - do YOU know what he's saying? Thanks for sharing!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Love this post, sounds like mine I did today!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I have really enjoyed reading all the great posts on the prophet this past week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Dizzy Kate said...

I will miss President Hinckley sooo much. I am so excited that he is able to be reunited with his wonderful wife. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails